Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My one week review of Dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2006, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My one week review of Dynoflash

I met with Al a week ago in SLC. I have a Evo 9, with K&N airfilter, Turbo XS downpipe, UR High Flow Cat, and a Borla Cat back. First off, Al is really cool. I don't understand why people complain about him or his demeanor. It is almost like people want Mary Poppins to show up. But I thought he was cool. He removed the boost pill first off, then took the car out with his equipment hooked up. Didn't take to many pulls on the highway to tune it, he said because of the simply mods. After I left, I got on the car, and it seemed about the same or slightly better. So I started to wonder. It was pretty hot that day. That night around midnight, I took the car out across town on Bangerter highway, from the airport to Herriman. There is plenty of lights on that road. I hit alot of the red lights. So then I really started punching it, and man, I couldn't believe the difference. It had so much more power, it was hitting way more boost, felt awesome, right to redline. And it wasn't just because it was cooler, the dynoflash made a huge difference. When I had the turboback installed, it felt the same after. It didn't feel different for about 2 days then it felt faster. The dynoflash took a half a day before it made a huge difference . Maybe my car needs to warm up to the changes.

The only problems I have had was the hose to the throttle body popped off a couple of nights ago, sounded like a shotgun blast it was so loud. I need to get some of those t-clamps. But of course this is not because of the flash.

I am completely happy with the tune and Al's service. The car pulls real nice. I will use his service again if I mod any more. If you have been sitting on the fence, it is definetly worth the money.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

nice
Old Jul 3, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Get some numbers on a dyno, I am interested to see how much your IX puts down.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

i was on the dyno when mine blew off, and it scared the s h i t out of me.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

give it a couple more days...i didnt really feel the difference till about 2-3 days after for some reason. guess it takes awhile for you to realize the power you have. but you'll start to enjoy it more trust me!