Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need 116 ASAP, but where??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need 116 ASAP, but where??

Im going to be on my way to Buschur Racing on wednesday morning, July 5th to have my car tuned for race gas, 116, but I dont have any to bring with me. Does anyone know where I can buy some 116 on my way to Buschur that will be open around 9 or 10am? Thanks!!
Old Jul 3, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you coming from?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

If you call ahead they can have it on hand for you I'm sure... but yeah ^^ ditto.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Yea Im sure if you PMed them guys they would have some waiting for you. Their customer service is one of the best in the buisness.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TomsEVO
Im going to be on my way to Buschur Racing on wednesday morning, July 5th to have my car tuned for race gas, 116, but I dont have any to bring with me. Does anyone know where I can buy some 116 on my way to Buschur that will be open around 9 or 10am? Thanks!!
Bingo!! that is it. That is what I am talking about, why people have this habit of tuning their cars on gas that sometimes can't get anywhere or in other words because if the location where they live is difficult to obatin.

I wish you luck getting your problem solved and getting your car tune but this brings me the main concern of people that want to run turbokits and what not but don't have easy acess to race gas.

I hope you find a realiable source for your gas. Are you going to Buschur to get a queen dyno on C16 or are you planning on running C16 in a normal basis.

Carlos
Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Just call VP and they will give you a nearby dealer or two. They are all over.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know there is a place in southern C'bus that sells VPC16 out of the pump for about $10 a gallon, but if your coming from the north thats too far for you.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

sorry I forgot to say where Im coming from, I had been drinking in celebration of the 4th and such. Im coming from milwaukee and I do have a nearby source for 116, they are just closed on the 4th and dont open till 5 on the 5th. Im going to call VP and see if they have something on the way. Also, I talked with Buschur and they told me to bring some with me. I could PM them but I wont know if they can get it until Im already on my way since they are closed today.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Are you talking about running leaded 116 octane? I've never seen UNleaded 116 octane available for sale anywhere...

If you are talking about leaded fuel, you are probably already without a catalytic convertor. If not the cat will be destroyed in short order. And I hope you understand the ramifications of using such fuel with the factory O2 sensors. They will not last very long either, and they are a fairly expensive part to be replacing at regular intervals.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input but if you take a look at my sig, you could probably guess im not running many stock parts anymore( AEM EMS...wideband 02 sensor=not stock, although they say unleaded fuel will shorten the life I know several who run race gas regularly and have no problems..yet). Also, I definatly want leaded 116. If you know where I can get some on the way to Buschur from Wisconsin that would be a great response to this thread. Thanks!!
Old Jul 4, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know any VP dealers that might be on the way from wisconsin to ohio?