Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Did they Discontinue the SSL package?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they Discontinue the SSL package?

i heard that they were going to discontinue the SSL package on the evo 9.5, so i went to the dealer after work and they had like 50 evos in the lot but none of them had the ssl package, so i am assuming that it is true. please correct me if i am wrong.
thanks
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A friend of mine (Billy) ordered his Evo 9 GG with the SSL package last month and got it delievered to Tucson, I don't see why they would discotinue the SSL package..

Carlos
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
well none of the evos on the dealer's lot were 9.5 first of all...they haven't been released yet

and I don't know if that is actually true

also this should be in the future evo forum
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

There is no SSL evo IX.5. Other than that there have been no discontinuations of the SSL evos as far as I know.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:34 AM

may be, its just once i saw all these evos and not even one had a sunroof, it made me think that what i heard is true
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, part of the explanation is that the SSL packakge comes only on the regular Evos not the RS or MR.

Additionally only a small percentage of people actually buy the SSL package. Last but not least the cars you saw were there just due in for further modifications/special order (SSL install), kinfd of like the customer orders the car then prepurchase the SSL package which can be install at the dealer post car purchase.

All the options I just gave make sense.

Carlos
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Well, part of the explanation is that the SSL packakge comes only on the regular Evos not the RS or MR.

Additionally only a small percentage of people actually buy the SSL package. Last but not least the cars you saw were just due in for further modifications/special order(SSL install).

All the options I just gave make sense.

Carlos
yea, that sounds right. thanks alot man.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This just in! Car salesman tells lie to sell a car on his lot...next up, cows spotted flying over Maine...and in further news, El Nino has started a cooling trend in Hell, causing it to actually freeze over!!

Here's one for you:
I cruised up to a Kia dealer that until recently was a Mitsubishi dealer. I asked where the Mitsubishi dealership had moved. The car salesman told me they no longer make Mitsubishi automobiles because the company had gone bankrupt, but he would gladly put me in a Kia Rio...which he assured me with a chip could run with my Evo. I almost died laughing.

Car salesmen will lie, cheat, steal, and lie again to get you in a car as quickly as possible. Whenver you catch them in a lie they just say "well that's what I was told" and change the subject...even though 10 seconds before you caught them they were talking like they were an expert in whatever subject matter they were pretending to know about...

Last edited by machron1; Jul 5, 2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by machron1
This just in! Car salesman tells lie to sell a car on his lot...next up, cows spotted flying over Maine...and in further news, El Nino has started a cooling trend in Hell, causing it to actually freeze over!!

Here's one for you:
I cruised up to a Kia dealer that until recently was a Mitsubishi dealer. I asked where the Mitsubishi dealership had moved. The car salesman told me they no longer make Mitsubishi automobiles because the company had gone bankrupt, but he would gladly put me in a Kia Rio...which he assured me with a chip could run with my Evo. I almost died laughing.

Car salesmen will lie, cheat, steal, and lie again to get you in a car as quickly as possible. Whenver you catch them in a lie they just say "well that's what I was told" and change the subject...even though 10 seconds before you caught them they were talking like they were an expert in whatever subject matter they were pretending to know about...
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sure thats the stereotypical salesperson. After watching King of Cars, I don't think they're all bad.

Here's one for you:

Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

It's probably true. Go on kbb.com and look under 'Build a new car.' Essentially they say that as of 7/1/06, dealers can only order IX SE or IX MR SE cars. The regular Evo IX, Evo IX RS, Evo IX MR, and SSL package Evos are not available for order anymore. There will still be non-SE IXs available from stock that is on dealer lots, in transit to dealer lots, and any backstock left at the factory or docks. But no more new ones Can be ordered.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

go to kbb kelly blue book web site and click on the link for new cars go to Mitsubishi go to Lancer go to Evo and build the car you want. It lists all the stuff you can get and tells when you can get it. The SE package is avilable as of July 1st. So I think that they should be at the dealers in AUG.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rcheung
I'm sure thats the stereotypical salesperson. After watching King of Cars, I don't think they're all bad.
No, all salesmen because I know each and every one personally...

Of course I mean in general...some good ones sneak through the cracks...not many though. And in this case, it looks like he actually knew what he was talking about. I just always take what car salesmen say with a grain of salt and look elsewhere for information, because normally whatever they say is just to sell you a car right then and there, and may or may not be true.

Last edited by machron1; Jul 5, 2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

No, all salesmen because I know each and every one personally...

Of course I mean in general...some good ones sneak through the cracks...not many though.
Well in your post your just perpetuating the streotype. You should use words like Most, A majority or in general.

Last edited by rcheung; Jul 5, 2006 at 09:17 AM.