Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any body buy one of the XS Power intercoolers off ebay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by occultworks
That intercooler is an AMS knockoff. Apparently it works WORSE than stock, and it's heavier. Do a search on it, this was just brought up yesterday.
This statement is false;

I have personnally seen this intercooler on two stock turbo evos hitting 11s. No meth straight race gas.

This intercooler has been proven to work.

Does it fit correctly? no there are some minor fitment issues.

Is this a great quality item? no the fins are much thinner than the AMS unit, but hey it works. You will eventually upgrade to a more quality unit.

Is it heavier? yes but then again i can guarantee that not all upgraded intercoolers are going to be the same weight or less than the stock one.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaulrich2003
I would definitely buy Buschur. I don't know them personally or anything but their products fit great. You don't want to be driving down the road and have your IC pipe(s) pop off. IT HAPPEND TO ME 4 TIMES with Injen IC parts and hasn't since I replaced the Injen products with Buschur.
Anyone with intercooler pipes blowing off should invest in some tbolt clamps and not put blame on someone elses products until you know for a fact there was a reason to do so.

Did your pipes not come with a bead at the end to prevent the pipes from blowing off? Unless they were completely smooth i doubt it was a design flaw.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not all Ebay stuff is junk there is the o2 housing of course and a few TBE that some people have on here that have made excellent power, c'mon just because its not name brand doesn't mean its sh%t
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8
Anyone with intercooler pipes blowing off should invest in some tbolt clamps and not put blame on someone elses products until you know for a fact there was a reason to do so.

Did your pipes not come with a bead at the end to prevent the pipes from blowing off? Unless they were completely smooth i doubt it was a design flaw.
word. t-bolts should be on that list of first mods for any evo.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

My buddy is running a lot of parts on his car, tbe, intake, cams, alky, maftpro, and much more as well as the xs power intercooler. Currently he has around 420 whp on the stock turbo. If this incooler was worse than stock, I don't think he would be pushing those kinds of numbers.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:42 AM

i used to run one of their 4inch cores on my 500+hp 240sx. it worked great and u couldnt beat the price. but if it was going on my evo i would go with something proven and made to fit without modding anything.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevEVO8
This statement is false;

I have personnally seen this intercooler on two stock turbo evos hitting 11s. No meth straight race gas.

This intercooler has been proven to work.

Does it fit correctly? no there are some minor fitment issues.

Is this a great quality item? no the fins are much thinner than the AMS unit, but hey it works. You will eventually upgrade to a more quality unit.

Is it heavier? yes but then again i can guarantee that not all upgraded intercoolers are going to be the same weight or less than the stock one.
actually it is a AMS knock off, I bought one and took it to ams and paired it up, they look identical until you look at the cores. I am no scientist but just looking at AMS the craftsmanship is a huge difference. AMS has perfect welds all the way through, fitment is perfect and its proven. I belive Buscher did a test w/ this IC and proved that it is a loss of power.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Read this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=137651
Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

actually .. i have this intercooler on my car ,, yes it looks like the AMS but a little cheaper but there is little to no horse power difference,, i have to buddys who had the AMS and ended up selling them and buying this one just because of the price difference ,, it makesd power ,,
Old Jul 6, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

i have a question for all you,, if AMS said that buschur products made less than stock or vise versa who would believe them lol
Old Jul 6, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

ok...damn thing sent while i was typing. I think I will just save and get the AMS and bushur Parts. Just read the thread about some of the knock off. I will keep my money for the after market here.

Last edited by Cyloc; Jul 6, 2006 at 02:38 PM.