Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any body buy one of the XS Power intercoolers off ebay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any body buy one of the XS Power intercoolers off ebay

I was wondering if anyone has bought the XS Power intercoller and radiator off of ebay? On their website they show that there is only a 1 pound loss in boost at 1200 CFM. They also show that the air temp is 46 degrees colder out of their intercooler compared to the stock one. If this is true it would be a good buy, but sometimes people word of mouth is better then the bull**** out of some companies.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend just got one for his 2004 EVO 8 and wont fit until you modify. he did not feel any gain in performance, his mod: intake,TBE.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

probably works. depends on your budget, if you can... stick with a proven product, like ams, turbo xs, buschur, hks, etc..
Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Iplay on staying with the buschur staged upgrades. I will be buying stage one as soon as i get the money someone owes me. I was just curious. One of my friends bought a turbo kit from them for his acura. Needless to say 3 days after he installed it the bearing seem busted and shot oil all over and through the motor. So i don't trust the to begin with.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

I tell you what, you get what you pay for! As far as intercoolers go, I have the Perrin intercooler on order, its supposed to work without modifications and works with the factory crash bar, and I hear there is no pressure loss. I got a great deal on it, so I'll probably make a post once I get it installed. This thing looks huge from the pics I've seen!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

That intercooler is an AMS knockoff. Apparently it works WORSE than stock, and it's heavier. Do a search on it, this was just brought up yesterday.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

who knows...
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EiEVO
who knows...
Well, obviosuly you don't, otherwise you wounldn't have wasted time and bandwith with such nonsense.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
I would just stick to buying from the actual manufacturer. It seems like a lot of people are just trying to get rid of their junk and pawn it off on someone else through Ebay. Don't take chances with your Evo, parts are expensive but I'd rather spend an arm and a leg getting a part from a quality vendor instead of trying to fix something else that broke because I had tried to put on a part from Ebay. That one thing leads to another scenario.. just my two cents.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dan628
Well, obviosuly you don't, otherwise you wounldn't have wasted time and bandwith with such nonsense.
Actually i posted a reply... But then i thought about all the **** poor coments i would have got from people like you. And then i erased it and though i should at least put something. What i posted and then changed was: I know a lot of their stuff is crap but i have the xs fmic and it fit pretty well and works awesome. I didnt notice any psi drop and i did definatly see a increase of mid range power. As for the temp. drop... Its hard to tell if there was a big difference because im running more psi and i have more mods now then i had before on the stocker....

So you worried about wasting time and bandwith..?..??? then what's your reasoning behind your post towards me?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

I would definitely buy Buschur. I don't know them personally or anything but their products fit great. You don't want to be driving down the road and have your IC pipe(s) pop off. IT HAPPEND TO ME 4 TIMES with Injen IC parts and hasn't since I replaced the Injen products with Buschur.

Last edited by gaulrich2003; Jul 5, 2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Pipes popping off has more to do with the connections used than the pipes themselves.

As for intercoolers, I would look into the TurboXS. They're pretty cheap, and someone on here picked up 23hp from it.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

this product is proven in the subaru world....Everybody was talking bad about it and how it was made from burmese soda cans but then after time people started to make power with it and for the price it couldnt be beat. Some guy on nasioc even did a comparison with the turbo xs fmic and it was a exact clone.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

the only elcheapo ebay part that will ever go on my car is the 02 housing I bought for 70 bucks. Not saying the intercooler won't work, cause I really don't know, but a intercooler is just something I would rather buy from a reputable manufacturer. To each their own.

Quick Reply: Any body buy one of the XS Power intercoolers off ebay