Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question about a dealer repair

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about a dealer repair

I recently had all my syncros replaced due to grinding in a few gears....Now 3 weeks later my trans has a clunking noise some of the time when i shift in all gears. (sound from the front of the car). Also i have put bg synromesh into the trans after the first week the syncros were installed. Also I noticed that if i am crusing in 5th gear and I get on and off the gas that the clunking is there and its pretty loud.

So what do you guys think?
BTW I am taking it to the dealer ASAP
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
holy chit, you need to PM cirrusly_evolvd.... he has just done the exact same thing, same repair, same fluid, same sound.... we think it could be a motor mount but we arent sure, the sound seems to be coming from where the throttle body is.... he is taking it into the dealer tomorrow to get looked at.... PM him
Old Jul 6, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Whats his name so i can pm him
cant find cirrusly_evolvd
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just got off the phone with him this morning, the dealer found out that they didnt torque the rear tranny mount enough and it was loose. so they torqued it, and the rest to be sure and no more sound. i hope this solves your problem as well... made something so much worse so much easier....

to PM him, go to a thread i started called track night results... you will see him in there 100 times... hope this helped
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks a lot man i will be going to the dealer in a few hours, I will let them know that it could be the rear tranny mount