Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Horrific Infinity System on the SSL Package?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it? I do agree about the bass adjustment and not being able to adjust bass on the speakers different from the sub. Can you do that with an aftermarket hu? im planning on getting the new alpine w/ the direct ipod connection....

All in all its great for hard rock music, which is mostly what i listen to....
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I thought the SSL sound system was identical except for the infinity sub and the amp that powers it? Check the speaker labels from the trunk, you might be surprised.

The highs are the same IMO, only the bass is lacking vs. the SSL.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

I like the Infinity system a lot. I did change the head unit so I could accomodate the Harman/Kardon ipod interface.

I now have the perfect sound system.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jacoby
I am happy with mine. I got the ssl package for the sunroof and HID's though. The sound was just a bonus.
Same here. Well, leather too.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

I love my ssl sound system. I usually put at least a headunit, 250 watt amp, 10inch sub and upgrade all the speakers in very car I have ever owned but I will not touch my factory sound system on my Evo. I think it sounds great without any complaints.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's really not that bad. I keep the treble all the way up, and the bass at like 2-4 depending on the type of music. It sounds crisp, and good. I'm happy with it...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

I swaped out speakers from SSL infinity for my buddy, they are almost the same as stock ones, except they come with little heavier magnet and I think 10W more power if I remember right. So yes, they are cheapos paper speaker. Still sound better than the stock one on none SSL evo.

Piece
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a great system, all you need to really do is get a good aftermarket headunit, and it'll sound fantastic.

I was really hesitant to change mines out, but I ended up having to since the stock sub wouldn't fit with a rear strut tower brace.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

like others, i got the package for the sunroof and leather and hids, so if your getting it for the sub, do not! but i think it sounds just fine. comparable to my bose in my old g35
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

The sound is perfect for me, makes the country music sound great
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

I dont regret getting the system at all. The treble is great, and the bass is from one 10" sub, so you can do the math. But it is a great system and personally I love it. But getting that package you get all the other options to like the leather sunroof and foglights. I think the SSL package is well worth it.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with the consensus above: I have heard better aftermarket systems, but for a factory system it's nothing to be ashamed of. Mine sounds quite good to me and I like the ability to crank it up really loud (occasionally) without it clipping or distorting.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Pay the amount of money for that package and you might as well just swap out IX seats for leather (SSL seats), put in OEM HID's and get a much better performing aftermarket "system" (if you're into that kind of thing).

I'm sure it's a lot better than the stock POS stereo though, cuz I do have to put it up to about 30 if driving on the freeway.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know what your talking about. I got my evo w/ ssl for 29,500. Pretty damn good deal to me.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by llxzxll
Pay the amount of money for that package and you might as well just swap out IX seats for leather (SSL seats), put in OEM HID's and get a much better performing aftermarket "system" (if you're into that kind of thing).

I'm sure it's a lot better than the stock POS stereo though, cuz I do have to put it up to about 30 if driving on the freeway.
True, but you're still missing the leather inserts in the doors and the sunroof...

Quick Reply: Horrific Infinity System on the SSL Package?