Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Horrific Infinity System on the SSL Package?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrific Infinity System on the SSL Package?

i've been doing a little searching and everything that i come up with says the infinity system sucks with the ssl package.

is this really true?

how many of you dislike this system after getting the ssl package?

and what is so bad about it
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

I really don't know since I've never heard one, but from what I read all the time over here they don't perform good at all. But don't take my word for it, check this thread out in the audio section, some guy just did a brief write-up on it. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=210154
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

I like mine just fine..I changed the head unit and it works great. very loud level 10, unlike the factory unit in which you have to turn it up to 25+ to head a darn thing.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

i have it and i love it. i have compared it to the regular system, and it is definatley much much better. however, it is not worth getting that package just for that syste,.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

I have it, it's alrite for a stock system. What I don't like about it is how you can only control the speakers and sub through one source (deck). If you turn Bass up on the deck, Bass turns up for the speakers and the sub. Which makes it all sound crappy. It would be better if you can control both Separately.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its much better then the stock stereo....at volume 12 its like volume 25 on the stock radio. Its however not the reason i bought the ssl package for either. It was for the leather and sunroof i could care less about something that is easily replaceable.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

For a factory system, I like it just fine.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

It's about as good as I'd expect for something that comes with a car off the lot. Then again, I hardly turn it on anyway. The only time it's on is when my wife's in the car and thats just to muffle her telling me to "slow down" and "take it easy" everytime I leave a stop light or on/off ramps...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:46 AM
Evolving Member

i didnt get the SSL pkg on my IX GSR cuz i am used to aftermarket components anyways...i heard the 'S' before - loud - yes, but that pkg is not worth the $$$ they gank u for...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

It's about as good as it gets for a factory system. I am perfectly content with mine although I would like to replace the head unit so I can play MP3s.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not an audiophile but it seems OK to me. Had to turn the bass way down though. Hey it was there and it works-OK by me.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

It sucks. Plain and simple. My front left speaker blew out quick...and no, i wasn't cranking it all the way up....

The overall sound sucks too. I have the upgraded Rockford Fosgate system in my Xterra and compared to the upgraded infinity system in my EVO (which in my opinion should outpreform a Rockford system) the difference is night and day.

The stereo in my Xterra is fantastic.....The stereo in the EVO is terrible.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:14 AM

I am happy with mine. I got the ssl package for the sunroof and HID's though. The sound was just a bonus.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty much in agreement with others here. I like mine just fine. I'm not a fanatic audiophile so the fact that there are insanely better sound systems out there does't bother me. I did listen to the regular system when I test drove an Evo, and the upgraded infinity is significantly better. It depends on how picky you are.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by mathgeek
I'm pretty much in agreement with others here. I like mine just fine. I'm not a fanatic audiophile so the fact that there are insanely better sound systems out there does't bother me. I did listen to the regular system when I test drove an Evo, and the upgraded infinity is significantly better. It depends on how picky you are.
I am not one to drop money on sound for my car. If anything, I will eventually swap out the HU for a ipod ready unit. Other than that I am more than satisfied and would rather put money into something else.

Quick Reply: Horrific Infinity System on the SSL Package?