Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

body shop put 200 miles on my car

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk politely to the service manager. If he does nothing then file charges of Grand Theft Auto on them. Technically they stole your car, drove it 200 miles and then returned it. STealing is stealing no matter if its returned or not.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:12 AM

yeh theres no reason why u should have an extra 200 miles on your car, everyone knows its an EVO (FAST CAR), it aint no civic dx, u know they dogged it horribly, i would contact the body shop in person and atleast make a complaint
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Just to let you know! Even if a car is in a body shop for 3 months, it shouldn't have more than 20 miles on it(moving back an foward in and out of the shop to make space for other cars, does put miles, will it reach 20 probably not but thats the most I have ever seen put on from a car being a whole year at a body shop, major restoration on the car by the way!! I should know! I work at one! You should first file a complaint with the service manager (as said before be calm about it!). Also, if you have good proff, for ex: the invoice given at the time the car was dropped off, last time it was serviced, etc., you should goto the authorities! Any car taken of the lot after it is in the care of the shop can be considered theft, unless you are picking the car up or dropping the car off! Hope this helped! Please keep us posted!

Last edited by PRVRT; Jul 7, 2006 at 06:25 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Definitely go in and talk to the manager and be polite and DO NOT cause a scene. Stay very calm. That way they know you mean business and arent just some punk kid that isnt really going to do anything. Just see what he says and play off what he says. If it boils down to him denying it and saying he will not or cannot do anything about it, then leave with a smile saying you will have to take a different route to get this resolved.

Next, get ahold of the owner of the shop (if possible).

And you could always file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I dont know that one complaint does much, but if this happens regularly maybe there are more complaints already there.

Good Luck.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

That's the beauty of the Cobb Accessport for Subarus. They have a "valet" map you can download into the ecu which will stall the car at anything over 3000 rpms. I guess the next best thing would be to leave the car with an almost empty gas tank.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
As people have said before just be calm and very matter of fact. Tell the manager what happened and ask him what they are prepared to do to make things right. If he isn't going to do anything ask for the owner, still not getting anywhere go to the local news and the BBB.

Just because you don't have any isues now doesn't mean your TC won't start howling, clutch slipping, could be anything in a couple of days. There's no telling what they could have screwed up and then rigged to get out the door without complaint.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with everyone above about filing a complaint/ talking to the manager.But llike they said do it in a calm and controlled way. I would simply ask them why it was necessary for them to put 200 miles on your car... Theres no valid reason for doing that and im sure they won't be able to come up with one. Thats a bunch of bs and not fair that ppl would do that to someone else's property. Just make sure you don't let this slide and do something about it. Try seeking legal help from an attorney to see what other steps you can do to gettin your issue resolved. Good luck...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:55 AM

i made an appointment to see the service manager monday.
What should i do about the authorities?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:57 AM

i should prolly have them comp me 15000 mile service in addition to paying for a tank of gas and $1 per mile rite?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why in the hell would you want your car serviced by them?

That's like complaining about food in a restaraunt man, they're gonna spit in your food dude, don't be a fool.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jonathanVIII
i made an appointment to see the service manager monday.
What should i do about the authorities?

No nothing with the authorities yet. See what he says. Who knows, maybe he will be a hell of a nice guy and take great care of you.

You did make a mistake by leaving with the car when you got it back though. There is no way I would have even left the place if I saw there were 200 more miles on it than when I left it with them. Nothing you can do about that now though. How long has it been since you got your car back?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

whats the name of the shop so i never go there.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jonathanVIII
i should prolly have them comp me 15000 mile service in addition to paying for a tank of gas and $1 per mile rite?

See what he offers....
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
was this an insurance claim ? get with your company and let them know that it happened... they will remove them from the list of authorized companies...... and make sure you let the body shop know you did that or are going to so that way they realize they are about to lose a lot of business. if its your own claim... get a lawyer, there has to be something that can be done
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:15 AM

met auto insurance

Quick Reply: body shop put 200 miles on my car