Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

body shop put 200 miles on my car

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ECUFlash 2000rpm limit and -10 ign timing. There won't be more than a 1/4mi on that ***** next time. :LOL:
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bueller, Ferris Bueller..........
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BuLocal
Bueller, Ferris Bueller..........

LMAO im Sorry but if i noticed that big of a milage difference i would have slap a bitc or 2 like wayne brady
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:12 PM

yeh my buddy works in a body shop, their closed on weekends, he always borrowed cars over the weekend, put miles, do burnouts, u cant do **** about it, but complain which its their word against yours. another thing they take mileage when they do estimates befor the car gets repair. but they can always say...u know the car needed an alignment from the accident so they test drove it or sumthing. so all and all, your fighting a losing battle. sorry
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that man.. it sounds like they RAPED your girl.. maybe it was gangbanged by a couple of em.. that some BS .. hopefully nothing is seriously wrong w. your car... you should grab a big bottle of baby powder and go pimp slap the **** out all them ****'s
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:23 PM

wow just reading this thread pisses me off. good luck dude **** them up for everything u can and try to get as much outta this as possible becuase this situation is totally bullish.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cngsevo8
Talk politely to the service manager. If he does nothing then file charges of Grand Theft Auto on them. Technically they stole your car, drove it 200 miles and then returned it. STealing is stealing no matter if its returned or not.

+1
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Having this happen is a huge fear of mine whenever I take it anywhere to have anything done. Just be straight up about and let them know you know how many miles are on the car and tell them you want to make sure it's not driven unecessarily. It comes across just fine as long as you're cool about it and once they know you're paying attention they won't pull any funny stuff... hopefully

Hope everything works out good for you tho. Be nice about it at first then lay the smackdown when they put up resistance, and they will! For a private shop, threatening to report them to the BBB or insurance is your best ammo. Good luck!
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

talk to a lawyer. I'm sure that's not legal. They basically stole ur car and probably took that thing street racing, took it to illegal speeds, and prob had some fun in the backseat
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

You know they probably had a contest to see how much hangtime they could get over a jump then manufactured and sold meth out of the trunk... Not to mention all the leftover prostitute diseases smashed into your seats by the monkey they had in the back
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:09 PM

off with their head.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Take legal action if they don't resolve your problem.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Take legal action if they don't resolve your problem.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:27 PM

I love the comments guys. specially the bueller.
apparently the dude made a "mistake" and wrote down the insurance estimate milage as the check in milage. i went back to insurance and checked the number, then i worked thru every time in that 5 days that i drove the car from then to the dropoff and it turned out to be about even. in the future ill def note the milage myself and ask them for milage estimate from the shop too. i wish evos had valet keys.

this isnt the 1st timethis kind of thing has happened tho. i had 4 miles put on the car last time i had to have it valet parked at the airport and the lot was 10 ft from where i left it off. is there any way to turn the boost off so my car is basically a lancer?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Did they at least do a good job ?

Quick Reply: body shop put 200 miles on my car