Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Day @ E-town Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
im gessing you hurd the guy say that line word for word over the load speeker's???????
No, I talked to the guy in the truck at the end of the track. He said that Al has already been kicked out once for running/dumping antifreeze on the track.

And really, learn how to spell.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:48 AM

Bean ran a 10.3x I think.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hindle
No, I talked to the guy in the truck at the end of the track. He said that Al has already been kicked out once for running/dumping antifreeze on the track.

can you teach me????????????? il pay you with a cookie or how about a milk bone a day. my dog wont mind.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evodan2004
im gessing you hurd the guy say that line word for word over the load speeker's??????? i bet you did. cause i did to. im shore al know's this but he also drives it on the road sometimes i beleave. plus im shore he looks over the hole car be4 it go's 9s all day. poping a freeze plug is not an everyday problem.
Dont get me started on this subject as its a sore spot after I was thrown out of a race some time ago

First of all my coolant was 90% water and water wetter - there was some resisudual coolant in the block which I could not get out without flushing the system

Secondly - my car is a fully licensed, registered and insured street car with full operational lights, etc etc etc and thus by the tracks own rules I do not have to run straight water

Here is the rule from the track's web site

http://www.racewaypark.com/main/rules.htm

Antifreeze is prohibited in racecars, i.e. Super/Heavy. Excessive spillage of any kind resulting in any type of clean up is grounds for disqualification for the remainder of the day.
Since my car is a street driven vehicle I think I am allowed to have anti freeze in there - but thats a matter of interpreatation of rules and if you consisder a Evo similar to a "super/heavy" V8 dragster

I dont personally know why so many people are complaining nags. When the plug poped I immediately pulled to the right and I even have a NHRA legal engine under pan with 1" lip to catch the fluid.

I am sorry that the plug popped out but obviously it was not my intention to interfear with the progress of the race and cause a clean up

I am just happy I did not crash or break something more serious
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

we all got a few runs in untill it started to rain. im going back sometime this week to make up for my crappy times.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

Man - I guess this means that they will be deducting 10 more of my championship points in the McDonald's Evo Driver Championship
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Dont get me started on this subject as its a sore spot after I was thrown out of a race some time ago

First of all my coolant was 90% water and water wetter - there was some resisudual coolant in the block which I could not get out without flushing the system

Secondly - my car is a fully licensed, registered and insured street car with full operational lights, etc etc etc and thus by the tracks own rules I do not have to run straight water

Here is the rule from the track's web site

http://www.racewaypark.com/main/rules.htm

Since my car is a street driven vehicle I think I am allowed to have anti freeze in there - but thats a matter of interpreatation of rules and if you consisder a Evo similar to a "super/heavy" V8 dragster

I dont personally know why so many people are complaining nags. When the plug poped I immediately pulled to the right and I even have a NHRA legal engine under pan with 1" lip to catch the fluid.

I am sorry that the plug popped out but obviously it was not my intention to interfear with the progress of the race and cause a clean up

I am just happy I did not crash or break something more serious
like i said. the car is STREET driven. and that you looked over the car be4 the race. its just you wont know when a plug is gonna go. i dont think you should be kicked out for it eather. i dont blame you. as im on your side about the hole thing. it can happen to anyone so why not kick everyone out or have a flush system there for everyone to use. junk rules if you ask me.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

right when he said bla bla antifreeze bla bla i was like bull****. shut up. it can happen to ANYONE.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Man - I guess this means that they will be deducting 10 more of my championship points in the McDonald's Evo Driver Championship
haha
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

i have to say the highlight of my day was the Italian sub and hot chocolate i got from the snack bar......god damn delicious.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

should i turn my head and nm
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
So no fast times to report?
The air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.
Everyone I talk to, said their times were off
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:29 PM
Account Disabled

Hang on, lemme find Al's nuts. Oh, I can't, they're too far down your throat.
Please relax and chill out, stop being a hater. The idea of these events is to have fun and enjoy evos racing each other. This kind of drama and name calling and BS just takes all the fun out of this sport.

I am getting to the point where I think I will just take my car out to the test and tune days Tuesday night with the hard core dragster crowd. The Evo events are filled with too much negativity and people who are wishing that you blow up or crash into a wall. I wish we could all just be there with everyone sharing thier passion for driving fast cars and having fun without all the hating, name calling insults and drama.

Just my two cents
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said Al

that is also one of the reasons I took up
road racing...
man if i can get my car ready for next weekend
I should have at least 6 hours of total seat time instead of
3 passes down the quarter mile
should there be any other reasons to quit drag racing for me!!!

Please relax and chill out, stop being a hater. The idea of these events is to have fun and enjoy evos racing each other. This kind of drama and name calling and BS just takes all the fun out of this sport.

I am getting to the point where I think I will just take my car out to the test and tune days Tuesday night with the hard core dragster crowd. The Evo events are filled with too much negativity and people who are wishing that you blow up or crash into a wall. I wish we could all just be there with everyone sharing thier passion for driving fast cars and having fun without all the hating, name calling insults and drama.

Just my two cents
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Al, why can't a Race car run Coolant? I never knew that. Does it hurt the performance?