Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Today was fun

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today was fun

Walboro, Fighters Garage LICP, PowerFlex Front Mount, and Shifter Bushings. Man, the old bushing in the front mount was a btch! I tried the hammer and chisel method in the how-to, but it wouldn't budge. As you can see the sawsall made short work of it. All in all it was satisfying to do these with my own hands. What I didn't know I found out by SEARCHING! Yes, it can be done!
Attached Thumbnails Today was fun-image084.jpg   Today was fun-image085.jpg   Today was fun-image086.jpg   Today was fun-image088.jpg   Today was fun-image087.jpg  

Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Its walbro, dont get it confused with the cigarette brand
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

nice
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

i see you made your own type of lift...or whatever you wanna call it...Just easier to access under the car without it being off the ground. Makes me really appreciate having a few lifts.. Good luck with everything and let us know what you think of the mods. Any difference with the mount?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EiEVO
i see you made your own type of lift...or whatever you wanna call it...Just easier to access under the car without it being off the ground. Makes me really appreciate having a few lifts.. Good luck with everything and let us know what you think of the mods. Any difference with the mount?
I wanted a raised concrete parking pad. Not cheap, but well worth it. Being able to park like that and work on my car is definitely a bonus. I don't know about other LICPs, but this doesn't bolt to the stock bracket. It's "loose". T-Bolts give me peace of mind. Getting tuned Thursday!
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

that "lift" is awesome!!

can some of us come over sometime to work on our cars?!? =P
Old Jul 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JaReDbOy
that "lift" is awesome!!

can some of us come over sometime to work on our cars?!? =P
I obviously wasn't being serious... I was born at night, but it sure the hell wasnt last night. I didnt really know what to call it and i acutally havent seen anyone work on a vehicle like that before so it caught my eye. I dont know if you were giving me crap for what i said but i thought i would clear it up a bit.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

i totally need that powerflex mount... i should of put it in while i was doing my hotside, motor is flexing alot with the mods, making really fast shifts difficult at times, hows your shifting at WOT now with the new mount?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
i totally need that powerflex mount... i should of put it in while i was doing my hotside, motor is flexing alot with the mods, making really fast shifts difficult at times, hows your shifting at WOT now with the new mount?
The powerflex is absolutely noticeable. It did exacerbate my dash rattle. I must take care of that because it got pretty loud. Between the mount and the bushings it certainly feels tight all around. Unfortunately, when I was getting it on my new LICP blew off! I thought I tightened it enough. Oh well.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EiEVO
I obviously wasn't being serious... I was born at night, but it sure the hell wasnt last night. I didnt really know what to call it and i acutally havent seen anyone work on a vehicle like that before so it caught my eye. I dont know if you were giving me crap for what i said but i thought i would clear it up a bit.
i was being completely serious. it looks like a really easy way to work on the car if you had to do something with the front- i.e. install an intercooler.
i put "lift" in quotes cuz its not technically a lift.

see thats what is wrong with evom.net now. ppl have become so flame concious because thats what goes on here 90% of the time.