Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

By far the worst review of an Evo IX I have ever seen...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:00 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it was an incomplete review of the evo IX. they complained about the stereo and interior being bland for a $30K car? they should have compared another $30K+ car(e.g bmw 3 series and lexus IS250) and look underneath the evo where they will see all aluminum crossmember, suspension arms to name a few. after they see where the money went, not in the interiors but the suspension, drivetrain and control arms they will never complain about the price. I always show them the underbody of my IS vs the evo if my friends ask me why it is that expensive.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo is a 10 in my book
Old Aug 2, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

The bad: The lack of a trip computer and a GPS system in the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX is noticeable even while you're having fun out in the countryside, while an acceleration dead zone before 3,500rpm can lead to unpleasant surprises in traffic.

It sounds like this guy suffers from amnesia and misshifted every gear, probably shifted at like 4,000 RPMs. How could a trip computer be missed if you're testing a car in the place you WORK? Does this guy have trouble driving around in his own city?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

alright i am going to say it and than quickly jump into my fire resistent suit. the guy is clearly an automotive idiot but his review was spot on. cnet has always been about technology and you can say whatever you want but the truth is that the lancer evo "eye ex" is still at the buttom of the pack even compared to a kia or suzuki. the video was not about the performance of the car and he even was very clear that everything in this car is all about performance. the video was about the technology inside the cabin and i thought that he did a great job showing just how lame the tech in the car really is. the fob is a joke, the stereo is the worst i have ever seen even compared to cars from the late 90's, the speakers are not worth the paper they are made of, no cruise control is unheard of in cars that cost more than 10k, the ac controls are also very outdated and so on. yes, the car is all about performance but even when compared to the closest cometition, the car does not stack up as far as interior features and technology. let's see, the STI has:

1) 6 cd stereo
2) better fob
3) side air bags
4) duel climate control
5) cruise control

so it is possible to add all of this even to a rally car for the streets. again, i am in no way bashing the evo, i love the car to death. however, we have to consider that each review site looks for different things in the car. cnet looks for technology while sports compact car couldn't care less about the stereo and lack of cruise control. for what the review was about, i think that they did a good job showing just how primitive the car really is.

flame on people, i am ready