Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

By far the worst review of an Evo IX I have ever seen...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By far the worst review of an Evo IX I have ever seen...

This guy should be fired, and then beaten severely...

http://reviews.cnet.com/2006_Mitsubi...-31517840.html

He spends his entire review inside the parked IX talking about how crappy the stereo is!!!!!!

I will never visit the cnet website again. They really should stick to electronics, rather then have computer nerds review performance cars.

Tools.

-Aaron
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Performance is a 10, all else is a 5, so I can see why they would give it a 7.7.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

who gives a ****?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:53 AM

I found the article to refreshingly accurate.

The author raves about the cars performance but poo poo's it's lack of features for a 30k plus car. Legit complaints.

Who hasn't wished for cruise control at one point or another.

It was nice to see a review of a base Nine and not an MR.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Let's face it the evo's interior is lacking for the price. Cruise control would be great. I could care less about the stereo and gps or trip computer. Those are not the reasons to buy a performance car. Those are for luxury cars trying to be sporty. I am on my second evo and have all intentions to continue to buy them as long as the X is not some watered down p.o.s. Cnet just does not understand the market for this car.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Did we not buy the car for performance in the engine and handling capabilities? This is a high performane machine with not frills interior. If you want a AWD with creature comforts get a Audi S4.

Last edited by SR20DE-T; Jul 8, 2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like a fair review to me. The Evo is all about performance.

"jaw-dropping performance" .
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

ya I don't see what the big deal is...everybody knows the Evo's interior is lacking but who cares? Remember what Clarkson said? "It feels like I'm sitting inside a bin liner"
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

repost....
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

The point is that the car's performance MORE than makes up for the fact that it doesn't have navigation. It's not like these things even out, it by far covers for the decent dash layout and then some. Did he even bother to mention how unbelievable nice the seats are?

If some of you are too stupid to realize that he approaches every single car with the exact same criteria, whether it be a Honda fit, a Ferrari Enzo, or a Lancer Evolution, then too bad for you I guess...
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

"Truth"
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eggy
The point is that the car's performance MORE than makes up for the fact that it doesn't have navigation. It's not like these things even out, it by far covers for the decent dash layout and then some. Did he even bother to mention how unbelievable nice the seats are?

If some of you are too stupid to realize that he approaches every single car with the exact same criteria, whether it be a Honda fit, a Ferrari Enzo, or a Lancer Evolution, then too bad for you I guess...
Thats your opinion just like he had his. If you are buying a car to try and impress people and are concerned about what everyone else thinks, get an M3 or something.

Frankly, I could care less what anyone else thinks of my car as long as I'm happy with it.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMEVOLUTION
Wow another whinning evo owner who searches the internet for people who bash evo's. That's two for the week. I will continue to continue to count and post my results at the end of the month!

Why don't you cry to your mom? No one on this forum cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two things

#1 I'm not whining at all. I think it's pathetic that people who know nothing about cars write these reviews. I loved how he called it the Lancer Evolution "eye ex". Roman numerals are tough eh? Face it, the guy was retarded.

#2 I don't own an Evo just yet. About 4 more weeks

actually, one more thing... couldn't you try just a little to be a bit more mature when you post? I feel like I'm having grade school flash backs...

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that a lot of you feel you drive cars that aren't even an 8/10. In my books the Evo will always be an 11, because it's few minor flaws are immediately forgotten once you get in the thing and drive.

You're right, if you buy an Evo so you can sit around in a parking lot and listen to music, you bought the wrong car and you should seek out more friends like the guy who wrote the review because you're both insane.

-Aaron

Last edited by Eggy; Jul 8, 2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

that guy was truely a dumbass and we can't forget that
Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Honestly, If the Evo had the interior of the Acura TL with Navigation, dealers wouldn't have them longer than a day!! Period!!