Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Damaged floor pan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damaged floor pan

Well, I am extremely pissed. I was jacking up the front of the car to change to the brake lines. I was using the inner frame rail up front. I used the jack of course to elevate it enough to slide the jack in, before i was able to the jack slid (I guess because of the sound deadening material) and smahed the driver floor pan. Now, it is elevate about 3-4". I tired to hammer it back down with a black of wood and hammer but its not budging. Anyone have any ideas?!? I am so pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beastlytalon
Well, I am extremely pissed. I was jacking up the front of the car to change to the brake lines. I was using the inner frame rail up front. I used the jack of course to elevate it enough to slide the jack in, before i was able to the jack slid (I guess because of the sound deadening material) and smahed the driver floor pan. Now, it is elevate about 3-4". I tired to hammer it back down with a black of wood and hammer but its not budging. Anyone have any ideas?!? I am so pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whew man... thats rough. Next time just be a little more careful. might end up having to take it to a body shop to see if they could help you out or give you some advide.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by beastlytalon
i got the same problem LOL its like a big lump in the floor cause my dumbass dad jacked it up wrong under the driverside where they have a solid space.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Omg Same Here Hahaha How Do We Fix It
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i tried the hammer too i even tried stomping it lol, you are going to need one of the drill pull things that body shops use to pull out really bad dents. Or the body shops use a welding thing with a round piece of metal around it and they slam in down until it goes back flat.

Last edited by kaonashi; Jul 8, 2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Oh man, hope you guys figure out a way to fix that.Just in case it happens to me too
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:13 PM

hahahahaa i got a flat in the rear and did the same thing i think its because its a uni frame, and you have to put the jack under the control arm
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:17 PM

lol. thats sooo funny. with my luck, i will be working on my car, and i will be posting that same problem. sorry to hear about it.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Take a 10lb hammer and a 2x4 and hammer. Good luck
Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

I couldn't do much with it. I do not have any of the tools necessary to try to fix it. Tomorrow I am going to take a sledge hammer and 2x4 and pound on it. I know I may need to take it to the body shop and use their special tool. I have used this location numerous times. I just think it was finally too slippery. After it is fixed, I will need to re-underspray it too. I am glad I didn't have the wheels off yet, I hadn't even had the jack under it before it slipped. What sucks is that I am very **** about every little thing with the car and this really screwed me over. I 'yell' at my wife for hitting her shoes against the door! at least it can be fixed. Now, I am going to have to make up some hockey pucks and cut into the undertray. I will post picks tomorrow.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

damn another one of these threads, I see one of these almost every month
Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Links0000
damn another one of these threads, I see one of these almost every month
if you feel like it was a waste of your time to read the thread, why did you bother posting. if you read the original post the jack slipped, i did not use that location for jacking. i was asking for ideas from other members to see what i could do to fix. if there are so many post, please help me find them. i could not so i posted the question. other wise waster your time elsewhere.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

OK, lemme get this straight. You jacked the car up with the oe jack or a floor jack....to get the other jack in there? I am assuming the car is lowered and the floor jack didnt have enough clearance to get under the car? I am also assuming you didnt put the first jack under the frame because the other jack was going there after you got it high enough to fit? Just trying to get everything straight here.

frank
Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VtecGSR952000
OK, lemme get this straight. You jacked the car up with the oe jack or a floor jack....to get the other jack in there? I am assuming the car is lowered and the floor jack didnt have enough clearance to get under the car? I am also assuming you didnt put the first jack under the frame because the other jack was going there after you got it high enough to fit? Just trying to get everything straight here.

frank
this was on a non-lowered car. i was jacking it up with a sears 2 1/2 ton jack within a few pumps of needed heighth along the supported frame rails up front with a block of wood on top so the jack didn't scar up the frame rail. i had enough space as to when i had the desired heighth i could slide the jack stand under the same frame rail. when i go to the desired height the wood/jack slipped outwardly and smashed the underpan. i relieved the jack immediately then i saw the jack stand was still underneath. the jackstand did little damage but the jack itself did. does that make more sense? i have done this numerous times without a hitch. unlucky i guess.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thats odd that it slid out like that! I usually jack mine up the same way! If it were mine I would pull the trim back, pull back the carpet and hit it with a sledge till it was close and then try and use the board. probably no other way to fix it. It will be close but if you want it perfect you will probably have to get the floor pan section replaced and you dont wanna mess with that.