Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RNR Racing Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For $550 you can get a megan TBE, obviously thats the lowest. I only know of TWO other places where you can get a full 3" TBE for $825-$850, Buschur and RNR. Every other combo out there will be at least $1000 (AMS) if not a lot more (WORKS, Vishnu) Its all the same SS piping, come on now. Are you saying Buschurs piping is superior to other companys like megan? THAT is hilarious.

And Warr please read my posts more carefully, I said I can think of only one other company that has a similar deal, which is Buschur.

Last edited by RenoEvo; Jul 11, 2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

i for one am not worried about the look of the muffler.. the way i see it is stainless steel pipe is pipe.. plain and simple.. might not be the same grades but they do the same job.. I custom made a GENERIC exhaust using an N1 muffler on my GST which did the same job and made the same if not more power, so unless apexi figured out a way to fabricate better metal then...........

also I dont see anywhere in the posts that is claims to be the full HKS.. everything i see says custom with this or that muffler etc.. etc.. so im not quite sure what the big deal is...

Last edited by 16ggst; Jul 11, 2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Warr was just saying that if you attach the terms 'tbe' and 'hks cf ti' in the same sentence that you are referring to the actual hks tbe with the titanium piping. Just say 'hks cf ti muff tbe' and everybody outta be content. Then again...that doesn't sound right either .
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you serious, Reno? There are many, many exhausts out there for less than $850:

- Logic Performance TBE ($500 or so)
- TurboXS ($675)
- Apexi N1 cat-back + DCsports one-piece downpipe ($675)

The list goes on and on. Yes, Buschur's design is more straight-through and lighter. I just took off my Megan and weighed it. It was a full 10.0lbs heavier than my BR TBE w/bullet muffler. Both exhausts are catless.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No way can the $1000 AMS exhaust pass for stock - not sure what would make you think that or why you'd want to pay so much.

RenEvo, do you really think $850 is a good deal for an exhaust? Why do you think that's so great. There are very few TBEs that cost MORE than $850. Without that muffler, that generic exhaust costs $550 shipped from Zeus. You're basically paying $300 for a muffler, haha - that's hilarious. And no, you're wrong - BR's TBE is not generic. They make their own - it is not some megan/SS autochrome/logic performance replica/copy.
We put the ams exhuast on my buddies 05 white evo 8, and unless you really get on it it is not super loud. And looking from the back it does not look as crazy as say a slanted muffler, or carbon fiber burnt tip muffler. I dont have to worry about emissions at all where i live which is a plus. I guess the ams wont pass for stock, but its alot less flashy as some of the others out there.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Are you serious, Reno? There are many, many exhausts out there for less than $850:

- Logic Performance TBE ($500 or so)
- TurboXS ($675)
- Apexi N1 cat-back + DCsports one-piece downpipe ($675)

The list goes on and on. Yes, Buschur's design is more straight-through and lighter. I just took off my Megan and weighed it. It was a full 10.0lbs heavier than my BR TBE w/bullet muffler. Both exhausts are catless.
Does the TurboXS for $675 include the dp and testpipe? If so thats a good deal too, I didn't know they were that inexpensive. I dont know what kind of piping RNR uses, but my system is super light, I was very surprised. Warr can you elaborate on how much each full tbe weighed?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, TBE. Unless you weigh the exhaust to verify, you dont know how light it really is. I thought my megan was light until 2 days ago.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

so are you going to share with us the weights of the two systems or what?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, every detail will be posted in my full comparison thread after I re-dyno with the BR TBE this week.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:19 PM

i got their tbe with magnaflow muffler. It's been great for me..
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Avoid HKS exhausts is my .02, the Carbon Ti sounds lightweight but its a pig.

The carbon part is wrapped around a stainless muffler shell - simply for looks vs. function. The Ti part is the tip only. Its a wonderful example of using ones well known name to make more coin on a mediocre part.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I will also add the ugly duckling award goes to the Buschur TBE. From the way it ships (UPS handled the pipe unpackaged, just with a UPS label on it - not kidding), packaging of the muffler it is a bit low rent. It works, its light, cant take that away from it though.
My HFC had dings in it and rattled, as did the muffler when it arrived.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Warralton, we all know who you like, but there is no reason for posting it 20 times a day.

The HKS mufflers we use are 100% real. Our piping is super light stainless steel and made in the USA. All systems are tig welded and use high quality materials.

FYI, our site is back up and running.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RenoEvo
Does the TurboXS for $675 include the dp and testpipe? If so thats a good deal too, I didn't know they were that inexpensive. I dont know what kind of piping RNR uses, but my system is super light, I was very surprised. Warr can you elaborate on how much each full tbe weighed?
No, the TXS for $675 would NOT include the dp and cat-delete.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Warr, I can't even believe some of your comments in this thread. You honestly make yourself look bad when posting BS like this.

Fake mufflers and generic piping? What does that mean? So then Buschur, AMS, Vishnu must use generic piping and fake mufflers too? You make no sense at all.

Quick Reply: RNR Racing Website