Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RNR Racing Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS does not use Ti piping on there system. The only part of the cat back that is Ti is the muffler nothing else. Just like the RnR unit.

Originally Posted by silex
If anything, the steel piping that RnR uses is stainless. Titanium piping is what the HKS system uses which is what explains the high price for the low weight. If that's what you mean by "fake" then so be it, but I don't want my expensive exhaust to rust when it gets wet.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

sigh...

anyways this is an awesome deal:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=15

I plan on getting mine soon =D
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Ya, plus our stainless piping is lighter and true 3" piping.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a megan racing turbo back exhaust. I spent about $550 on this exhaust. If I had to do it all over again I would pay a little more and get something that was known to be a perfect fit and quite possibly more stock looking. I'm not sure why most of these exhausts have a 5" salad shooter tip on them.

Many of the cheaper exhausts have issues. Maybe the more expensive ones do to. Some of the things I've read about: The downpipe sits VERY close to the oil pan. The exhaust hits the driveshaft. The exhaust hangers do not line up with the hangers on the car. The muffler doesn't exit the rear of the car straight. The muffler isn't centered in the bumper. The muffler may even melt the bumper.

Do some research. Make sure what you get is what you expect to get.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff, I have heard some of the same things about the Megan. I do think their product is nice, but I think it all comes down to personal preference. Our new version system does fit very nicely as there are several pics and reviews on here.

I have seen just about every available system on the market come through this shop. I mean we are a So-Cal shop and there are a ton of EVO's out there. So even a lot of more expensive systems don't fit right, melt bumpers or have reducers in the piping.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Too much for a fake carbon/ti. The muffler doesn't do anything - it's bogus.
Sounds like you said it is fake to me.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lets not make this about Warr....

RnR is a pretty well known perf shop. As all big vendors they have good and bad feedback but at least they are active on the forum and keeping people informed. Coming from the DSM world I have ordered parts from them in the past and their customer service is pretty good. As for the products, that depends on what you buy. As they said, its rare to find a part that makes you 100% happy. There's always going to be something not exactly the way you wanted. Thats just the way it goes.

Like I said before....when purchasing don't just look at the price. Make sure the TBE has plenty of positive feedback. Maybe PM a few people who already have it. Some folks do not like to publicly point out flaws and PM may offer more truthful information. Definately make sure you like the way it looks. This is one part that you will be looking at every single time you walk up to the car.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
HKS does not use Ti piping on there system. The only part of the cat back that is Ti is the muffler nothing else. Just like the RnR unit.
Its actually just the tip thats Ti ....

I have this exhuast its a great piece that fits well except I have problems with the DP hitting the ACD a bit. I have been under the car probly 5x trying to fix it but no luck (and yes mine is the new version as I got it the end of May). The exhaust sounds great and looks sweet. The the RNR is a better buy then the actual HKS unit as both are made of SS piping with carbon wrapping the muffler and a Ti tip ... however the RNR unit is full 3" for better flow ..

Ryan - If there is some way you could send me a new DP in exchange for mine I would be happy to swap it with you as its my only gripe.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

I can send you a spacer no problem. Shoot me a PM.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
K ...
Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Haha....has anyone noticed the clowns that keep chiming in and "educating" all of us by telling us over and over that the HKS carbon TI is a SS pipe with a carbon fiber muffler and tianium tip!! I know this.....most everyone does.....and I think this was very clear within the first couple posts, but for some reason people keep telling the same story!! So to all these folks: WE KNOW THE HKS CARBON TI IS A STAINLESS STEEL PIPE WITH CARBON FIBER MUFFLER AND TITANIUM TIP NO NEED TO TELL US AGAIN!

bump for more good exhaust info and warrtalon's rebuttle!