Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RNR Racing Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RNR Racing Website

Very interested in RNR products. I have heard good and bad about them, mainly i would like the hks carbon ti tbe, but what happened to there website? Anyone know? did they change or have a new site? Thanks, Chris
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:06 PM

Im glad to see the rnr site is back up. Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's just a generic TBE with a carbon/ti muffler. That's like putting a body kit on an unmodded Civic DX. I recommend not purchasing an exhaust based just on the muffler, and I really don't recommend getting your stuff through RNR.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's just a generic TBE with a carbon/ti muffler. That's like putting a body kit on an unmodded Civic DX. I recommend not purchasing an exhaust based just on the muffler, and I really don't recommend getting your stuff through RNR.
Don't take this guys advice to heart since he's sponsored and only recommends his sponsors products, which is understandable. RNR's exhaust is the same as ANY other ss 3" exhaust out there except you have the option to have a modified HKS Carbon/Ti muffler put on. IMO its the best of both worlds, a full 3" system w/ a great looking muffler for $850 shipped, which is why I purchased it. Normally the HKS catback alone is about $950 How could you not be happy? Any fitment/rubbing issues you hear about are most likely due to user install error.

check this link: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=137746

Last edited by RenoEvo; Jul 11, 2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Website down again. I have their hks tbe and it's a nice product for the price. I've never had problems with it other than a small fitment issue that is easily worked out, but I'm just too lazy to fix. It involves the rear exhaust hanger which if not twisted on properly, will angle the tip to one side out the back more. With all the above said, I probably won't get any more work done there as the customer service isn't the best; phone calls go unanswered, nobody is ever up at the front to assist you, and the owner is never around. Oh well...still got a great price on it!!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Too much for a fake carbon/ti. The muffler doesn't do anything - it's bogus.

I didn't tell him to get anything from my sponsors - I just said not to get stuff from RNR. Searching will show why. I recommend AMS, Vishnu, and TT products all day before RNR, so no need to bring up sponsorships.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Too much for a fake carbon/ti. The muffler doesn't do anything - it's bogus.

I didn't tell him to get anything from my sponsors - I just said not to get stuff from RNR. Searching will show why. I recommend AMS, Vishnu, and TT products all day before RNR, so no need to bring up sponsorships.
Dude wtf are you talking about??? FAKE? come on now. Your opinion on this is outlandish and FALSE. The price is $850 shipped for an entire TBE. I can think of one single company that has a deal remotely close to that. Keep in mind the catback itself is $950 on one of your sponsors website. How is that "too much"?

Last edited by RenoEvo; Jul 11, 2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Outlandish and false? Are you saying the whole TBE is carbon/ti? No, it's not - just the muffler. I didn't say the muffler was fake - get a grip. People call it the HKS Carbon/TI TBE as if the whole thing is made by HKS and is Carbon/TI. It wasn't until I told a guy the truth that he realized why it was only $850. That's all I'm saying - chill out.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

If anything, the steel piping that RnR uses is stainless. Titanium piping is what the HKS system uses which is what explains the high price for the low weight. If that's what you mean by "fake" then so be it, but I don't want my expensive exhaust to rust when it gets wet.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

no, I have the damn system everyone knows its SS. Your post was very misleading to those who dont know a lot. I just don't see how you can have the audacity to hate on something for no reason, especially if its such a great deal, which I know you love.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

yes, fake as in it's not an HKS exhaust, nor is it carbon or TI - only the muffler is. Newbies see it called the HKS Carbon/TI and think it's something special, but in the end it's just a generic TBE (nothing wrong with that part) with an HKS Carbon/TI muffler, which really does nothing except fake people out. It's like putting all the Evo body panels on a regular Lancer. Hi, I look like an Evo, but I'm not.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Obviously people buy it because its the combination of a generic ss tbe, like Buschurs for example, but with a bling bling muffler for a great price. $850 shipped for a great tbe? That is a smokin deal, wouldn't you agree? To me it was perfect because I've always liked HKS exhausts (look, sound) but I was turned off by the restrictive piping. With this system its like the best of both worlds for a super low price.

Last edited by RenoEvo; Jul 11, 2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:30 PM

Thank you all. Chances are i will end up with ams exhuast, as it seems cops in IL are writing everyone tickets for having exhuasts. Ams exhuast makes good power, and i believe can pass for stock. thanks
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

It's not a great deal - it's just a generic exhaust for $850. The muffler has no value - it's just for looks and nothing else except maybe a pound or two?

My post was not misleading. What's misleading is calling it the HKS Carbon/TI TBE. You say everyone knows it's SS, but you're dead wrong. I just told you I had to explain that to someone YESTERDAY who didn't know any better.

I can think of one single company that has a deal remotely close to that. Keep in mind the catback itself is $950 on one of your sponsors website. How is that "too much"?
And what in the world does this comment mean? You're saying you don't know of any deals close to $850 for a whole TBE? Um, the BR TBE is less than 850, and so are many, MANY exhausts. Where is a cat-back $950? If you're talking about a REAL, FULL TITANIUM cat-back, then yeah, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about STAINLESS STEEL GENERIC TBE with a fancy muffler - what makes that a good deal? Your comparison pricing is null and void.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

No way can the $1000 AMS exhaust pass for stock - not sure what would make you think that or why you'd want to pay so much.

RenEvo, do you really think $850 is a good deal for an exhaust? Why do you think that's so great. There are very few TBEs that cost MORE than $850. Without that muffler, that generic exhaust costs $550 shipped from Zeus. You're basically paying $300 for a muffler, haha - that's hilarious. And no, you're wrong - BR's TBE is not generic. They make their own - it is not some megan/SS autochrome/logic performance replica/copy.

Quick Reply: RNR Racing Website