Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone tried the air condition in your new EOV?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2003, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by iodine23
A/C is fine, just makes idle a little rough when it's going.
This is exactly what I would say. It's barely noticeable unless idling and so far I rarely have to use anything other than the "1" setting. It's pretty damn cold. I live in TX for those who can't shift their eyes slightly to the left to read that for themselves.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by twdorris
Hmmm. Interesting. I pulled up this thread expecting everyone to be bashing the EVO AC output only to find that every claims it's great. Mine's not. It's only hit high 70s, maybe low 80s, here a couple times and I've already had the AC and fans on high, just barely comfortable. Glad to hear it might be an isolated problem. Too bad it's on my car.

Thomas Dorris
It's also quite possible that you are just hotter natured than the handful of people who have replied in favor of the A/C. I get cold pretty easily so it doesn't take much for me to cool off.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

I typically am a hot blooded person but the A/C on low fan with thermostat to the coldest I typically have to turn it off after a while or I freeze my butt off. Of course it was only, what, high 80's with 98% humidity here yesterday so it is still pretty cold here for us The A/C in our O-Z is very cold too but the loss of power from an already low power car hurts.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wizardofoz
I typically am a hot blooded person but the A/C on low fan with thermostat to the coldest I typically have to turn it off after a while or I freeze my butt off. Of course it was only, what, high 80's with 98% humidity here yesterday so it is still pretty cold here for us The A/C in our O-Z is very cold too but the loss of power from an already low power car hurts.
You might be right about the AC in the EVO being not quite as cold as other cars. I thought that the AC was a little weak the first time I turned it on. Of course, it was a hot, very sunny and right at 12:00.
Other times I've used it, it really gets cold and I actually had to turn the temperature up about half way to make it comfortable... Of course, this is in the evening when it's just muggy and the AC is needed to keep the windows from fogging up....

I think the jury is still out on this one. Maybe later this year I'll see if it equals the better ACs I've had or not. I think the last few years, the cars have less effective AC systems than they had before the change of refrigerant gas a few years ago...