Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Feldguy's Evo 1 Deer 0

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JaReDbOy
want pics?

*gore warning*

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=777869

i remember seeing another pic that was very similar
EEeeeeeewWWwwwwww
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

I think that I need a shower just thinking about how nasty that must have been for the driver.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:41 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

2 weeks ago i was driving on 684 going North when i see a deer going across the road from the opposite way. He is just running at full speed. I see that we are going to connect as he is going right for me. I am doing about 70mph. I go right and scrub off speed but he seems to slow down as well. Still on course. As we are about to connect i just floor it. The deer starts the jump going for my left window and ends up flying over my trunk as i speed by. Thank god i was in my wife's Saab. That was a close call and the deer would have taken out my wing on the Evo.

A woman i know hit a deer with her lexus SUV. She did not stop as she was in shock. She came home and found a chunk of the deer's *** stuck in her grill.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
So I hit and killed a deer tonight, but the deer left its mark. Bumper, windshield, intercooler, piping, radiator, both front fenders, headlights and a slew of other stuff......

Im curious, think I should ask the body shop to order an Evo 9 front bumper? Id even pay the difference, I just want to have the new look on my car, perfect opporunity.

Poor dear, i honestly feel bad.
Better idea; APR widebody kit, FMIC / piping, upgraded radiator, JDM MR headlights... All covered by insurance ...Priceless ...literally.

Originally Posted by Yur
A woman i know hit a deer with her lexus SUV. She did not stop as she was in shock. She came home and found a chunk of the deer's *** stuck in her grill.
Why was she smiling, when she had just hit a deer?

Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

9 bumper for sure
Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JaReDbOy
want pics?

*gore warning*

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=777869

i remember seeing another pic that was very similar
venison...mmm mmm tasty
Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shiftdsm E
venison...mmm mmm tasty
+1
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

My Evo, when I got it, from the guy who had it, hitting a deer doing 80...

I bought it back from him and his insurance company, and rebuilt it... now it looks like:

Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:47 AM

When I hit an old man's car who wasn't paying attention and cut me off, in my 240, I asked the body shop how much it would be to convert it to Silvia front end. They looked at me like "whats a Silvia." So I had them track it all down and they said 3100 dollars complete. I said **** that and fixed it myself for 1500 with a Silvia front end and whole new paint job.

Ask and you shall recieve, however be prepared to pay the price. Although the IX bumper is a US market part so it will not be outragious like my parts. Good Luck!!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

i'm pretty sure that the evo IX front bumper doesn't just bolt up to the VIII, there are some pretty extensive modding that i think i remember reading about, you might want to look into that becuase you may get charged if it doesn't bolt up like oem.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

my old weightlifting teacher's sister hit a deer .........it went through her windshield and decapitated her!!!! so try hard to avoid them.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

^ I didn't have a problem with mine, when I swapped bumpers.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

jesus christ....that dear got anialated(sp?)......i want a pic of the driver after that....good god....its like a blood and guts gernade went off in the car and killed 1000 ppl....holy ****....i cant not belive that....wow...speechless................
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I have a buddy that went with a IX bumper and then had the dealer's shop paint it yellow to match the rest of his car. It came out great. So, get the IX bumper.

Oh, and get one of those AMS intercoolers that are on sale right now while there are still some left.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sidewayz.net
Sorry to hear about the accident. Dear do suck. glad your ok, and im sure the car will come back better then before.

wow, thanks so much. im all set to go, the body shop is gonna order me a koyo radiator, HKS rs suction intake to replace the bashed filter, perrin filer to replace my destroyed XS Engineering one hes checking on a carbon seibon hoodand carbon fenders, those last two I may have to pay the difference for and an evo 9 front bumper. Im comparing prices of the evo 9 front bumper from the factory and the carbon trix or even an ings +1.....

This guy is having a blast looking into stuff for my car, I was really surprised....but I might have to anty up a lot of cash to make up the difference, but 100 bucks here, 50 bucks there....say 750 bucks for all that...I'll TAKE IT!

Im not getting my hopes up though.

Quick Reply: Feldguy's Evo 1 Deer 0