Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 4G63/EVO_VI
personally id go for the 350z over the g35c.
I need the back seats
Old Apr 25, 2003, 01:15 PM

oh yea didnt think about that
Old Apr 25, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah, u put me in my place in an online forum....

anyways, all im getting at is that saying that the evo is fast from a stop and sorta fast from a roll, to me is like saying its sorta fast. just like you pointed out in the post about the evo gettin spankeed by a 3g eclipse...
Old Apr 25, 2003, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Originally posted by KZGTR
The price difference between G35C and Evo isn't that big. Talking about HP, they are close too.
I plan to choose 1 of them to be my next car, but hard to make the decision. G35C is FR.
Need some suggestion.
I don't know which level of trim you are talking about for the G35C. I know that when I went to talk with the dealer, the G35 was at least $8Kmore than the EVO
I got my EVO for under $30K.... Now, as far a comparison goes, there really isn't much of one. I think the cars are totally different. The EVO is probably much quicker, perhaps faster and will definitely handle better But the G35C is one sweet ride, the luxury and quality are very high, the looks are phenomenal and a s aGT car, I think it's pretty unbeatable. OTOH, there is something very funny here... The EVO actually has a much more space in the rear seat, the G35C has a pretty unusable rea seat unless you put midgets or children back there.

I think it's all a matter or choice. And by the way, the G35C is not a FWD... It's a rear wheel drive, front engine car... Very nice balance, classical design.

Howver, for you folks who are considering the G35C, I'd suggest waiting a bit a looking at the new Cadillac CTS with the 400 hp engine!!! It also comes with the Getrag 6 speed tranny ..... hate to say it, but it looks like Cadillac is going to end up spanking some serious butt
Old Apr 25, 2003, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

I think I know why anyone would consider the proposition of buying an Evo or buying a G35.

Quite simple the wife wants some luxury and more of a status symbol ( in terms of most yuppies wouldn't know what an EVO was but could relate to a G35 and say nice car ). And on top of that you probably have kids. But you want power and performance with praticality thrown in ( ie can haul the kids around ).

Or at least that was how it went for me
Old Apr 25, 2003, 01:49 PM

Re: Re: How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Originally posted by silverEVO8

I don't know which level of trim you are talking about for the G35C. I know that when I went to talk with the dealer, the G35 was at least $8Kmore than the EVO
I got my EVO for under $30K....
It's true, Infiniti dealers put all the option on the G35C and then sell it to customers, this is why G35C is around 35K-37K today, I guess they can't give mark up, so they do it the other way.... Without those extra "packages", that car only costs 32K with 6MT, 30K for AT5.

EVO cost 30K with the large wing + Turbo meter ..... + dealer mark up which I hate the most.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Originally posted by silverEVO8
I got my EVO for under $30K.... Now, as far a comparison goes, there really isn't much of one. I think the cars are totally different. The EVO is probably much quicker, perhaps faster and will definitely handle better But the G35C is one sweet ride, the luxury and quality are very high, the looks are phenomenal and a s aGT car, I think it's pretty unbeatable. OTOH, there is something very funny here... The EVO actually has a much more space in the rear seat, the G35C has a pretty unusable rea seat unless you put midgets or children back there.

I think it's all a matter or choice. And by the way, the G35C is not a FWD... It's a rear wheel drive, front engine car... Very nice balance, classical design.

Howver, for you folks who are considering the G35C, I'd suggest waiting a bit a looking at the new Cadillac CTS with the 400 hp engine!!! It also comes with the Getrag 6 speed tranny ..... hate to say it, but it looks like Cadillac is going to end up spanking some serious butt
Right, I don't think the two compare in price either. The G35C is significantly more expensive unless you get no options, and the point of getting the G35C is the luxury options.

KZGTR did say the G35C is FR, which means Front engine, Rear-wheel drive.

I bet the Cadillac will cost $45000+. It's awesome and it'll spank butt, but it's in a different class. Besides, isn't an AARP membership included when you buy a Caddy?
I wonder if we'll see them at the drag strip.

Last edited by ru4real; Apr 25, 2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Originally posted by ru4real

I bet the Cadillac will cost $45000+. It's awesome and it'll spank butt, but it's in a different class. Besides, isn't an AARP membership included when you buy a Caddy?
I wonder if we'll see them at the drag strip.
Hey, what's wrong with the AARP membership anyway I got one of those and you get a lot of discounts with it
BTW, if I get one I'll be at the gragstrip for sure
Old Apr 25, 2003, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

ADMstunna - the reason that the EVO is really fast is due to it's gearing plus the horsepower. Let's look at the numbers...then you'll really appriciate the EVO:

Let's look at 3rd gear:
350z(Can't find G35) ---
Final Drive Ratio = 3.538
3rd gear = 1.624
peak torque = 274 @ 4800rpm
peak wheel torque in 3rd gear = FDR * 3rd * peak_torque = 1574 ft-lbs at the wheels

EVO ----
Final Drive ratio = 4.529
3rd gear = 1.407
peak torque = 273 @ 3500rpm
peak wheel torque in 3rd = FDR * 3rd * peak_torque = 1739 ft-lbs at the wheels

This means that the EVO has 11% more power at peak torque in 3rd. So even though the EVO has a horsepower disadvantage it's gearing makes up for it. Plus it weights a bit less than the G35 to further it's acceleration gap. So these cars from a roll will not accelerate the same... the EVO will walk the G35. Ohhh and 11% in horsepower terms when compared to the G35 is about 30 hp. The gearing is the reason we are hearing of the EVO beating cars that it should lose to when only looking at horsepower and weight.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

abusivewombat.. where in hell do you pull information out of.. uR ***.. damn that is soooooo freaking impressive.. You better be telling the truth
Old Apr 25, 2003, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, that is pretty impressive wombat - now do it for peak torque at 5500-7000 rpm. the rpm range the engine is in when your racing.....

oh by the way, i walked a supra turbo last night from a 2nd gear roll up to 6000rpm in 4th

i had him by half car by mid way through 3rd, then his front bumper was at my rear quarter panel by 6k in 4th, where i let off. his car is stock except for intake and blow off valve. i jumped on him hard in 2nd, it was pretty cool.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Evilution, your an ***, thats it. You need to calm down. You dont believe the G35 can accelerate that fast, and one that can is a ringer? Ok, a ringer was sent to every magazine that ever did a test. Or my dads car is a ringer? Dude, chill out man. Wheres your hate for the car? Dont even begin to call me uneducated on the subject. 5.6, 5.8, call it what you want, its not alot slower than an EVO. But then again you know better. Good for you.

A ringer, your telling me a company sent a ringer to show a two tenth difference???
Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Let the flames begin!!

Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

I got a question on the new V8 CTS. Is it still going to be front wheel drive? I haven't seen any mention of which wheels will drive it.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

There's not way it could be FWD with a V8.....i dont know how they could even fit the engine and tranny in there...plus...there would be horrible torque steer.