Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Coolguy949
There's not way it could be FWD with a V8.....i dont know how they could even fit the engine and tranny in there...plus...there would be horrible torque steer.
the CTS V-Spec is rwd, but you can fit a V8 in a FF configuration - look at all the Caddies with the northstar V8s that were FF.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

FF?
Old Apr 25, 2003, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949
FF?
front engined, front wheel drive
Old Apr 25, 2003, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Tristar Racing
Evilution, your an ***, thats it. You need to calm down. You dont believe the G35 can accelerate that fast, and one that can is a ringer? Ok, a ringer was sent to every magazine that ever did a test. Or my dads car is a ringer? Dude, chill out man. Wheres your hate for the car? Dont even begin to call me uneducated on the subject. 5.6, 5.8, call it what you want, its not alot slower than an EVO. But then again you know better. Good for you.

A ringer, your telling me a company sent a ringer to show a two tenth difference???
First off I'm always chill. That's how us cool people get down. I only go off when people insinuate or insult me or others without hard facts or real world results. Secondly, I'm going to reitterate myself for you to understand what you obviously missed. AGAIN, read all of the quotes and entire post before making stupid responses like this. I love the G35C and have driven one along with a 350Z. The G35C on the low end is much slower than the Evo period! If you don't think 0.5 sec difference in a 1/4 is that much go to a drag strip and see how far behind you are at the finish. 0.5 a second is a good 4 car lengths in the 1/4 mile or so. And that's taking the fastest G35C ever tested compared to the average Evo. " Hating on the G35C" Man get real. I never said that once and still won't say it cuz I like the car. I'm just stating the facts. It's slower than the Evo for "OUR" intensive purposes. I did state I think the G35C would be able to keep up in the least from a high mph roll. Heck it may even pass the Evo, I really wouldn't be surprised. But like I said I've stated all this already and before I forget.... you're an idiot. <----- Have to say it cuz you called me an ***. Grow up dude.

Oh I forget who posted it but someone did post a sight with 60-100mph times and the Evo was fairly high up above many other cars. So that's a good estimate to guage from on a roll. People need to quit putting words in my mouth it's a pain to regurgitate the truth.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ADMstunna
yeah, that is pretty impressive wombat - now do it for peak torque at 5500-7000 rpm. the rpm range the engine is in when your racing.....

oh by the way, i walked a supra turbo last night from a 2nd gear roll up to 6000rpm in 4th

i had him by half car by mid way through 3rd, then his front bumper was at my rear quarter panel by 6k in 4th, where i let off. his car is stock except for intake and blow off valve. i jumped on him hard in 2nd, it was pretty cool.
Basically the EVO has an 11% advantage by the gearing. So if you trace a line that's 11% below the EVO's torque curve from a dyno chart, overlay that with a G35 torque curve from a dyno, then anywhere that the G35 if above that -11% line the G35 will be faster, anywhere below and the G35 is slower. I'm not going to do this but since both cars have a drop off of torque in the upper range it's pretty safe to say that the EVO, once spooled, is faster all the way to redline.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Evilution, your saying a turbo-charged car is faster on the low end than a naturally asperated V-6, Im not even going to finish what I have to say. That says it all. Enjoy your EVO, and may you always be right, because you are THE MAN........
Old Apr 25, 2003, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:07 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U can check out my torque curve.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=18966

From 3500rpm it's a monster. Very torqie. The problem is below 3 grand. Give a little rev and take off. Our evo has short gears and it'll be hard to start off rolling below 2 grand if i wanted too. Remeber our evo with the twin scroll feels like a twin turbo 3000GT VR-4 not a DSM or WRX.

The evo is not slow nor lacking low end. If you drive you'd know.

If your saying the G35 has a stronger low end from 1-3 grand ok Why would anyone care about that. It's not like we have an automatic. Little gas and go.

Last edited by gtr; Apr 25, 2003 at 10:10 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Evilution, your saying a turbo-charged car is faster on the low end than a naturally asperated V-6, Im not even going to finish what I have to say. That says it all. Enjoy your EVO, and may you always be right, because you are THE MAN........
uhmmm...... Lets see, a 6 cyl naturally aspirated engine is faster than the EVO at the low end?..... Maybe from 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm, but do you realize how quickly the EVO will rev up??
Also, it would depend on the 6 cyl engine too... it would have to be a torque monster. I don't have the G35C specs right here but let me tell you, the EVO is a monster at 3500 rpm, even at 3000 it's already making lots of torque.

I cannot say for certain because I've not punched a G35C hard, but I do have a '03 Maxima SE with a very similar engine and the 6 speed... It's a very powerful car but no way it can hang with the EVO, not even for a short time!! Forget for a moment the torque figures and all that. The AWD alone will make an example out of the G35C...

The truth is that even the WRX can prolly outrun a G35 in 0-60 and maybe even the 1/4 mile, and the EVO is sooo much more powerful and quicker than the WRX....

No, I don't believe a 6 cyl NA engine is automatically more powerful than a turbo charged engine at the low end.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

"Maybe from 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm"

Just what exaclty do you think the low end is? Thats the area Im talking about, dont think Im that dumb to think the G can keep up after the turbo spools.....
Old Apr 26, 2003, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

I drove a 350Z track edition.....very torquey (sp?)...fun to drive and throw around. However, it pulled really hard up to like 4K then it died out. Pretty flat acceleration after 4K.

The reason I am going to go for the Evo instead of a Z or a G35 is because the amount of potential. You can make the evo really fast for realtively cheap. Plus, it's about $8K less already. The mods for a Z/G35 are REALLY expensive. I've been hanging around 350Zforum.com and people are paying $1200 for catback systems, etc. Most people are waiting for the Greddy TT kit to become available but i'm expecting it to cost around 7 - 10K. The evo is more practical, cheaper to mod, and will probably hold it's value well.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

"Maybe from 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm"

Just what exaclty do you think the low end is? Thats the area Im talking about, dont think Im that dumb to think the G can keep up after the turbo spools.....
I know what you are talking about, but the whole point is just academic... How long do you think you'll spend between 1000 & 3000 rpm?

I would never even launch at or below 1000 rpm except during the most delicate of parallel parking exercises The only time the car is in that range is between shifts and only in granny-shifting mode...

Under any sort of competitive or even spirited conditions, the EVO will only be between 1K - 3K rpm for small fractions of a second.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

True true, dont think Im bashing the EVO here. At any rate, anything is faster than my OZ.....