Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How is EVO compare to Infiniti G35C

The price difference between G35C and Evo isn't that big. Talking about HP, they are close too.
I plan to choose 1 of them to be my next car, but hard to make the decision. G35C is FR.
Need some suggestion.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

They are totally different cars... Its like asking if i should get an S class or a prosche... If you dont' know much about Evo8.. i say just get the G35c.. it'll do you wonders
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

there is no comparison. totally 2 different cars. I ve test drove the g35c. Depends what u want in the car. If u wanna cruise in luxuary teh g35c is for u, if u wanna have fun driving get teh EVO. They have almost same hp, however g35c is heavier. the g35c acceleration is smoother than the evo since its a 6 cylinder. But EVO is quicker and handles much better.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

the G35c is more classy

EVO was made for a different purpose...

test drive both...
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:16 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no comparason if your thinking about performance. If you know turbo cars hp shouldn't be a concern but rather turbo and intercooler size. Which the evo does have. My 271hp evo does 13.5@101.8mph in poor conditions so what does that tell you about straight line performance anyways People are already running 12.5's with under $1000!

Ridgity is evo 8 speciality along with handling. If you perfer luxuary go with the G35. THe evo is an all season sports car
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

get the G35c.. its the bomb diggitty
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

I almost bought a G35C with the 6-speed instead of the EVO, but opted for the EVO because of the speed and practicality of the 4 doors. I have test driven the G35C and know that it is a lot slower than the EVO even if the HP numbers are close. Most magazine tests confirm this. They really are meant for different kinds of people. I looked at the G35C as the perfect blend of luxury, sportiness, and affordability. The EVO on the other hand is not luxurious and has a ricer image. But the EVO puts a bigger grin on your face after a good drive, and that won me over in the end. Now that I have the EVO I can say that I am glad I got it because of the fun factor and the fact that it's a lot easier to get my 9 month old son in and out of the 4 door EVO than any 2 door coupe. I also like the fact that I haven't seen another EVO in my daily commute, but see a few G35Cs. I see a few women drivers in the G35C also, which is no big deal except for the fact that most of these women are pretty old. I guess I am a little more into "guy" cars, which tend to be a little more uncompromising when it comes to performance. In the end, you really can't go wrong with either one.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:20 PM

I drive a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS for 3 years, so I know AWD pretty well. ( that car is very much like the EVO 8 today in and out except turbo) (I did drive a Supra Turbo before too).
G35C and Evo8, U really think there is a lot difference besides FR and AWD?

Last edited by KZGTR; Apr 24, 2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

honestly i think g35c is a better car... for a daily driver.. unless you play to whip ur car around 24/7 like i do.. around corners and stuff, cus most of the time crusing you gonna wish it was quieter or ride was softer.. only the hardest of the hard gets the evo... g35c all the way
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

If you can't see the huge difference between these 2 cars, get the G35C. These cars are worlds different from each other and from the audience they are appealing to.

If you really think your 2.5 RS is very similar to an Evo, get the G35C. The 2.5RS is an AWD passenger car. It has none of the qualities that the Evo has, other than the awd aspect. The ride is very different. The performance is very different. etc...

SC~
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

there is no comparison. totally 2 different cars. I ve test drove the g35c. Depends what u want in the car. If u wanna cruise in luxuary teh g35c is for u, if u wanna have fun driving get teh EVO. They have almost same hp, however g35c is heavier. the g35c acceleration is smoother than the evo since its a 6 cylinder. But EVO is quicker and handles much better.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by sanjaya1
....... I see a few women drivers in the G35C also, which is no big deal except for the fact that most of these women are pretty old. ......I guess I am a little more into "guy" cars, which tend to be a little more uncompromising when it comes to performance.
Thanks for the info.
I would just go for the G35C if it's AWD. I always loved Skyline(R34), it's my dream car. Well, Nissan just won't do it.
I live in CT most of the time, a lot of snow last year, FR can't really do anything good for me.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Get the evo and sell me ur tires.. =) since you won't be using them that much =P
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Secret Chimp

If you really think your 2.5 RS is very similar to an Evo, get the G35C. The 2.5RS is an AWD passenger car. It has none of the qualities that the Evo has, other than the awd aspect. The ride is very different. The performance is very different. etc...
SC~
Wrong! 2000 2.5RS is not a passenger car. Passenger cars don't have sports suspension + LSD. Power wise, it's less because of the lack of turbo. But I can still beat an Integra (can't beat the RSX now....Ahhhh, need new car...)
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

You sound like a true EVO fan, just go for it. You will feel better when you catch a G35C in a twisty road or even a stop light and blow the doors off it. Hell, you can even embarrass it's tougher sibling, the 350Z.