Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anybody get the Buschur boost pod? Any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 07:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That pod is an autometer 2" Gauge pod, with a Autometer 2 1/16 Boost Gauge.. Fits PERFECTLY but takes a few minutes to line it up in such a way that it wont obstruct the Intercooler spray light.. However its great.. Also, you can remove the upper clamshell garnish on the steering column so you can screw the bracket down.. Try to line up the bracket so the holes you have to drill are just behind the wiper stalk, its tons of open space in there and screws won't hit anything.

To remove the plastic garnish from there, just unscrew the RIGHT REAR screw next to the column tilt adjuster.. Its in a deep hole so you'll need a long screwdriver.. Then take a razor blade, or some other really thin object and carefully pry the plastic up a little at a time around the perimeter until the clips seperate, it comes right off after that.. You can see that there's not alot in there, and you can run wiring and other goodies inside there without hitting much.

Take care.. the gauge install is the cheapest, easiest, quickest, and most beneficial mod you can do.. and it looks good. I dressed the wiring and vacuum tube (Cappilary tube) with a small section of thick black vacuum line split open to draw the lines in, or you can just feed the stuff through it.. it makes the entire installation look dealer/OEM..
Old Apr 25, 2003, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gtr
Wow, thanks! Is that the bushur kit or HKS?

How do you like those guages?
It's HKS. Most of my mods will be HKS. From the electronics to the exhaust.. at least that's my plan. I'm just waiting for HKS USA to release their parts for the Evo VIII certified parts but nonetheless, any HKS Evo VII parts will work on the VIII as well.

Edit: Btw.. the gauges looks good when lit. The backlight is blue so it matches my TT as well. Also, it's a mechanical gauge so I don't expect anything on it too much.

Last edited by DB8GSR; Apr 25, 2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

It's HKS. Most of my mods will be HKS. From the electronics to the exhaust.. at least that's my plan. I'm just waiting for HKS USA to release their parts for the Evo VIII certified parts but nonetheless, any HKS Evo VII parts will work on the VIII as well.
Im taking the same route also. What do you currently have installed?? I will be installing my type 1 TT and EVC V this week.
Old May 7, 2003, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MalibuJack
That pod is an autometer 2" Gauge pod, with a Autometer 2 1/16 Boost Gauge..
Is the gauge backlit? I'm getting ready to order this. I just wanna make sure that it is backlit. Is it too bright?