Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Test Drove First Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember my first test drive! and, well, let's just say, about 4 hours later, there was an evo parked in my garage! lol Now I don't think I can drive another n/a car cuz the boost is TOO MUCH FUN!!! lol. good luck to you!!
Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHAHA....I've been in love with the EVO shortly before they announced the 05 line up with ACD....I still don't own one yet...thats all due to my lazy **** still vacationing for ohhhh some 2 years or so after finishing school. But, I'll also never forget the first time I felt that turbo kick in...I'd pay money to see my reaction... My cousin owns a 06 GG MR and I'm sure he's getting sick and tired of me asking him if I can drive it constantly...Time to get my own...Hoping to score one end of august mid sept.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

The first Evo I saw, I feel in love with its looks. Then I drove one and fell in love with its feel. Then I bought an RX-8. Almost three years later I realized that even though the RX-8 was a great car, I just didn't love it. I traded it in on my Evo IX and haven't regretted it for an instant. Either the love is there or it's not, and if it is, it is futile and foolish to ignore it. Just gotta do what the heart tells you to do.

(Which is why I don't test-drive cars I can't really afford, like high-end Porsches or Ferraris.)
Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:47 AM

when i first went to the lot to test drive mine it had 24 miles on it. lol when we got back it had 96. man that was fun. i think i scared the hell out of the salesman.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Was it a stock evo? When I test drove mine I was like eh its ok....I liked the braking and handling but the thing was a dog above 5k rpms. This is coming from a turbo crx that made all its power from 4.5k to 7.5k rpms...The initial spool was nice because that torque was felt after that it flat lined to me....but I liked the potential of the car, and I wanted a factory turbo car so it fit. Plus honestly you cant beat its handling or braking. After I did some mods the car came alive, and it now pulls really well to redline still not what I want it to but someday I will have money to get more out of it......

Anyway glad you liked it....If you think its fast now do some mods and tune it, thats where you gain power and you will really be surprised.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

I just drove my friends Evo about 2 weeks ago. It was my very first time driving and Evo and the suspension blew me away. I've always wanted one.

I'm putting the full stock evo suspension on my Galant but don't really know how much it'll measure up to and actual Evo. I have the power just not the tight driving feel. When I launch my Galant now, you'd swear it was going to pop a wheelie.

I say if you can afford one...Do it.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:58 PM
Admin Alumni

Find a new EVO.....test drive it and.......BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do LOVE my car. Sorry, just had to share there!!!
Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

I agree. If you love the car and can afford it, and it serves your practical needs ... that's pretty much all there is to it.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:27 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

I love mine. No regrets. As far as prices go check out : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=209324