Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost Spiking?!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRicer
Well it's weird to me since I didn't get the same reactions he got and they posted when I was typing so I didn't get to read it before putting in my Info. I have a IX also and I didn't get boost reactions like that....I'm just replying to the original poster with my experience. Thank you come again!
that's why I said read the post above.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Greg K
a more stock car will see less boost fluctuation that a car with a freed up exhaust and intake. he has a downpipe, (presumably a turboback exhaust), intake and intercooler pipes. His turbo will spool quicker than the stock ecu is accustomed to reponding, thus leading to a less stable boost curve when contolled by the stock BCS.
Greg K...sorry if i made you missunderstand..
the only mods i have on my car now are a catdelete and a catback..the rest of the parts are on order...not installed yet..

nevertheless thanks for your reply
Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you're tuner is good, and knows the in's and out's of the stock BCS there is no problem using it. After all it's and EBC that comes from the factory. I'm not familliar with the flash system you're planning on using. The vast majority of the EBC's out there aren't really much better than the stock BCS, they're just more user friendly to adjust (they have a keypad instead of having to bust out the laptop).

no problem, I inferred incorrectly. Even with a cat delete, and catback you'll see a significant reduction in back pressure and will see boost fluctuation.

Last edited by Greg K; Jul 17, 2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiCKlEyWiKeD
that's why I said read the post above.
LOL dude...you reread my post again...the one just before this one...it will explain to you why I ddin't get a chance to read before posting. Thanks.