Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Important gauges??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Important gauges??

hey just wondering everyones thoughts on what you think are the most important gauges to have in your evo. even when upgraded and mods are present.

we all know boost gauge is and a good a/f ratio is good. but what others are you guys using also?.?.?.?

lataz
Old Jul 18, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil pressure, EGT, boost, AFR.

Boost is necessary for any mods, including just an exhaust.

The rest are helpful if you do anything additional such as cams, turbo upgrade or alky.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Im planning on doing minor mods -Warrtalon IX kit-.... I dont want 7 gauges in my car, so my question is if i were to purchase 2 gauges, what should they be? Obviously boost is one but I dont know if EGT or AFR is more important.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:03 PM

really you wanna just jump up to three gauges and get boost, wideband, and oil pressure. but if its just two boost and afr is where its at.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked MR
really you wanna just jump up to three gauges and get boost, wideband, and oil pressure. but if its just two boost and afr is where its at.
Ditto
Old Jul 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Oil pressure and boost are the most basic. Oil pressure with warning will save you from thousands of $ of damage if you drop low. Wideband A/F will save you from grenading your motor via too lean and give you good tuning assistance if you have tuning capabilities via your ECU or add on. If you go past minor mods, a fuel pressure gauge is an often overlooked "must" in my books -- if your fuel pressure does not rise 1:1 with boost you go lean at upper levels, and that's very good for folks in the new motor business, but not so good for your pocketbook.