Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!

Hey guys this might sound kind of weird but i just bought an evo rs and everytime i shift the rpm goes up even though i let go of the gas. No flaming please, i have been driving stick four years and all the cars i owned before the evo were all front wheel drive cars. I guess i have to get used to awd? Is there an "evo shift" i have to master? It just gets annoying that every time i press on the gas up to 5k and shift the rpm's go up to like 6.5k. Anyone have this problem with driving their evo? Is there special way to shift this car to prevent the "after-rev" when shifting?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

out of curiousity have u tried lifting off the gas a lil sooner when shifting? car is probably still boosting when your shifting...
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Doesn't sound normal, is your bov working?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cable, TPS? Try revving it from under the hood and lay off quickly and see what is happening
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Ok this same thing happend to me when I got my car, shifting around 3k or so and when you shift the rpm goes up still, but not to much right? Im PRETTY sure its normal, someone correct me if im wrong. But from my experience you have nothing to worry about.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:44 AM

yea i lift my foot off the gas when i shift lol.... Thanks for the input guys, i guess i just have to keep practicing how to drive the evo!
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IX-Is-Mine
Ok this same thing happend to me when I got my car, shifting around 3k or so and when you shift the rpm goes up still, but not to much right? Im PRETTY sure its normal, someone correct me if im wrong. But from my experience you have nothing to worry about.
I have the same problem, on 3rd to 4th gear around 3k also. should be normal, because it doesn't do it all the time. maybe onece or twice a week.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:17 AM

should be normal. check out this thread. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight=rpm+shift

or maybe let off the gas sooner when shifting.