Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Horsepower Freaks LICP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,

You have made numerous posts in this thread but have yet to address the issue of the pipe hanging low and interfering slightly with the under tray. Any comment would be appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

+ 1
Im interested in getting this....but seems like people arent to happy with the fitment.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a used one coming my way. I'll take pics when installed.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

It fits fine on my car, sounds like user installation error to me!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
So you guys i was installing the unit last night on my evo 9. I ran into a problem...one of the hoses did not fit onto my Evo so i was forced to use the stock one because the HPF one was a straight hose wehre as the stock was curved to fit the curve of the piping....after i installed the piece i made sure everything was on tight and there are no leaks...however the LICP is hanging a little and when i put my undertray back on the car the pipe is actually pusing agains tthe bottom of my car...what the he*L do i do ???

thanks again fellas,

Rob
Same thing happen to me . The way I fixed it, I bought bushur ic and it fit perfect.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone is having issues with fitment please don't hesitate to contact us so we can assist with install. There is definitely some coupler and T-bolt clamp manipulation required to get the pipe to sit perfectly level and we're always here to offer advice. We've not yet had any defects in worksmanship but if you by chance did get a pipe that has imperfections in appearance or worksmanship just let us know and it will be replaced immediately! Thanks guys

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104
Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HPF Tom
If anyone is having issues with fitment please don't hesitate to contact us so we can assist with install. There is definitely some coupler and T-bolt clamp manipulation required to get the pipe to sit perfectly level and we're always here to offer advice. We've not yet had any defects in worksmanship but if you by chance did get a pipe that has imperfections in appearance or worksmanship just let us know and it will be replaced immediately! Thanks guys

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104
I'm not bashing you guys here, and to be honest I have never user used any of your products so I can not speak from personal experiance. But if you know that something does not fit properly without having to "rig" it, then why not fix it so that it fits properly. Just seems like common sense to me.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

My LICP pipe is in, but not exactly as planned. Big thanks to RiceRocket for helping me put it in!!! We could not figure out a way to get the straight silicon coupler to make a 45 degree turn to meet the intercooler. Ended up using the stock hose and it worked fine.

Noticeable increase in spool up and staying in boost between gears. Overall a nice upgrade, just confused about the coupler...

I should have contacted HPF for advice on the install but it was late on a Saturday. I probably am doing something wrong, what did you guys do?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

You don't use the straight coupler, you use the factory curved one! The straight coupler is for aftermarket intercoolers. I don't know why so many people are having problems with this LICP. It works perfect for me and doesn't hang low at all, you just gotta position right before tightening all the clamps.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Ended up using the stock hose and it worked fine.
I don't see where I say I had any problems with the install using the stock hose. The fitment was fine as well, doesn't hang low at all. But considering there are no directions and it seems to be a OEM replacement its not unreasonable to wonder if the other coupler is for the stock intercooler. Once you see it its obvious it will not work. They should make a 45 degree silicon an option.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine fit great.... u just need a little common sense when installing the pipe
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dan628
It fits fine on my car, sounds like user installation error to me!
+1
Old Aug 8, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I just installed my HPF LICP this morning. Fit, finish, you name it was 100% FANTASTIC! Thanks Tom!

I had no issues installing whatsoever. The pipe, when installed using your brain, is tucked up nice and away..... not hanging down etc. It is also 'completely' unecessary to remove your front bumper cover.

The increase in power is very noticeable. I don't want to sound over enthusiastic, but seriously.... it really is a great bump in performance.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

On a further note..... it really pains me to see a thread like this making supposed negative comments on an such a well done product. Just my opinion, but I think ppl need to think things through a bit before posting their problems..... such as calling and asking questions. I can see a couple of things that might have hung some folks up. But, it wasn't anything a simple phone call or PM to Tom would have taken care of instantly. And the pipe hanging low thing is user installation error..... there is no issue easily installing this LICP perfectly.

One suggestion I would make is having a single sheet of paper in the kit outlining the included parts. For instance there is a rubber coupler that is only used if youre using the HPF intercooler.... if youre stock then you keep the stock elbow. There is also another black insert that goes to the turbo for the VIIIs.... which you don't use for the IXs. Again, all simple stuff IMHO, but no directions in the box can confuse some folks.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by teknishnIX
On a further note..... it really pains me to see a thread like this making supposed negative comments on an such a well done product. Just my opinion, but I think ppl need to think things through a bit before posting their problems..... such as calling and asking questions. I can see a couple of things that might have hung some folks up. But, it wasn't anything a simple phone call or PM to Tom would have taken care of instantly. And the pipe hanging low thing is user installation error..... there is no issue easily installing this LICP perfectly.

One suggestion I would make is having a single sheet of paper in the kit outlining the included parts. For instance there is a rubber coupler that is only used if youre using the HPF intercooler.... if youre stock then you keep the stock elbow. There is also another black insert that goes to the turbo for the VIIIs.... which you don't use for the IXs. Again, all simple stuff IMHO, but no directions in the box can confuse some folks.
Thanks for both the kind words and suggestions. A packing list will be included going forward to ensure that there is no confusion with the extra coupler (for the stock IC). That has been a long time coming and definitely been needing to be done, the production department has been excessively busy turning out product. As always I'm happy to help with any questions regarding install, just call me directly.

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104
AIM: HPF Tom

Tom

Last edited by HPF Tom; Aug 8, 2006 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Horsepower Freaks LICP