Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lost Lots of Electrical Functions--Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doowop
Funny, I had the same exact problem. To make a long story short, I ended up just changing one of thsoe fuse that was in the yello shroud thingy. The funny part is the fuse was good, so tested good when tested from teh top, but got loose and was not pushed all the way in. I was also considering talking it to the dealer, and I even called them and asked them what they think it could be, and the tech told me: " it's weird because all those things are not even on the same circuit". I am glad the "certified" mitsu tech know less than I do!!
That's exactly what I was thinking based off the shop manual. All the wiring diagrams showed different fuses that controlled the functions. Some of them didn't even show fuses, only that they were ETACS ECU controlled. I was worried I was going to be buying a new ETACS computer. Turns out it was fuse 22/23 (which I had tested previously) afterall.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure you take each fuse out and check it...not just with those circuit testers where you touch the top of each fuse....I had the SAME exact problem...it seemed all my fuses were good....still the same problem...took it to the dealership...and 120 dollars later seemed that two fuses were bad...and that's it...the only thing they did was replace 2...and that's how much it cost...the ones that were bad were the ones where the yellow plastic box makes them inaccessible