Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Geico > State Farm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont even want to know what my quote is going to be with anyone..
Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

I know from experience that state farm if you are young and high risk don't want to insure you probably. Geico and the others ones seem to be about volume. My state farm agent told me they are more about keeping and helping current customers than adding new. But for me state farm has always been real cheap for me so much that I don't even get quotes on cars. Hell I could probably afford to insure a lambo through them maybe not the car but I could swing the insurance

Like the other guys have said to many factors to compare really apples to apples....just for reference I have 2 cars, home owners and life insurance with them.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

I ended up going to a smaller insurance company and getting a similar, if not better policy. At Nationwide they wanted $300 a month for the Evo just for me. At my new insurance company I pay $150 a month for both my g/f and I for the Evo and our Honda Civic with full coverage.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Of course, once you get a ticket or heaven forbid an accident on your record, Geico will be the first to dump you like a red headed step child.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:56 PM
m2
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davids2004
+1. Remember that you pay for service. The lowest cost the lower the service. Also you need to look at your deductible rates and such. If you got all the same coverage then good luck and hope you never get in an accident.

That little lizard will not be there for ya.
Have any of you really had claims with GEICO? I ask because Geico is actually serious--almost obsessive--about quality service. Last I checked their customer satisfaction rating rivals the best. Despite the ads GEICO is more of a quality of service company than discount provider.

I'm insured with Statefarm and quite happy but I am very familiar with both companies. To the poster that stated something to the effect that GEICO is about volume and Statefarm about quality, the fact is statefarm is the largest automobile insurer in the U.S. in terms of volume (more than 4 times GEICO's volume).
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Basically what i was trying to say is state farm is the largest i believe then allstate so they don't really have to bend over backwards to get new customers just need to keep the ones the have and are profitable with. Does that make since...I guess it is all just talk cause I really don't have first hand knowledge outside my own policy
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

my girls mom works for geico. That estimate wont stay the same. They dont give you an accurate est when u call because they wont check your points/other factors . State farm is who i use. I pay $110 per month. Im 19yrs old.

Geico jived another friend of mine because she went to get a new scion and was quoted 230 from geico and 260 from state farm. They later checked her points/ following factors and requoted 310.

Ive had friends tell me geico kept going up on them as well recently.

Im speaking of past instances and off opinion. Just stating my .02
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:33 AM

state farm is one of the best ins co out there.dont get progressive they suck
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

+1 for State Farm.

They have been absolutely golden whenever I've had to file a claim. The service was excellent, and no issues to be had.

Aside from a couple of positive posts for Geico in this thread, everything else I've heard about them (when it comes to filing a claim) has been negative.

The consensus seems to be that you get what you pay for.

Cabo
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigfishs
Geico are great, until you have to get a claim out of them.
I disagree. They took care of my $4500 claim for hitting a board on the highway without any trouble at all.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

i pay 450 for 6 months thru state farm
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't wanna hear it Sam. =(
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

128 month with state farm live in seattle, clean driving record, had my old integra stolen.. gieco wants about 500 more per 6 months last time I called. yeah state farm is better. oh and if I had a standard evo ix instead of an mr its almost 20$ month less.

Last edited by EvolvinEvo; Jul 25, 2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
I'm around Philly area too. I have State Farm on my cars, and State Farm were actually considerably cheaper than Geico for me. Of course there are a LOT of factors at work that determine your rates. And I don't own an Evo yet either...
Same here im in NC though, but State Farm was $200 per 6-months cheaper then Gieco!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

insurance varies from person to person. what works for one doesn't neccessarily work for another. i've used Geico for many years. My wife and I have both had a couple of tickets and no issues with Geico. I've made a few claims from getting rear ended to simple hail damage and they were fast and precise. they co-ordinate the tow if needed and call the shop for you almost immediately. Also, we are guarenteed service renewal through them regardless. thats comfort!

Quick Reply: Geico > State Farm