Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fellow 17 year old Evo 8 owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2003 | 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

I would make cases for both sides on that. I think in general younger drivers pay more for insurance for a very concrete reason which is they flat-out get in more car accidents. However, I would never arbitrarily condemn someone as a bad driver just because they're young either. I'm 26 now, but I have full confidence I would have been just fine owning an Evo at 17, though I obviously wasn't so fortunate. It all depends on the person. I get terribly sick of some of you who say "thou shalt not own x car if you are y age". Who the hell are you?
Old Apr 27, 2003 | 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

get a qoute...
Old Apr 27, 2003 | 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

im 18 turning 19 and i know for a fact i can barely handle an evo 8 cus of the way i drive, but if the 17 year old is mature enough to handle the car... then he should get it, if your gonna mess around then cross the evo out
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

if your family can afford all these cars you shouldnt have to worry about insurance...
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

3 WORDS ******* *** *****
im just a liitle jealous because im 17 and i got an OZ and i have to make payment to my dad i work in his stores. but man would i kill for an evo
lucky you
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

Give the Kid a Break, He is just asking for some advice, when did that become a crime? And for those of you with 17 year old boy ***** envy, just be glad that what you have, you earned and were not handed. You should be proud of yourself, not jealous of him.

Go have a beer!!!
He won't be doing that for four more years

//Power On

Dan
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

regardless of your driving record, you're male and under 25 and if you are driving an evo the insurance is going to be ridiculous ... from the sound of the car situation you can take the hit ... (and you should) since the Evo is just that awesome of a car.
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

i know im not contributing to the thread, but there are a lotta jealous people in here.
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 01:45 AM

Exclamation Things to think about

Ok this is interesting, because some of the members are downing this guy because he is 17 and obviously has material items that most cannot afford. My advice to a 17 year old that wants an evo is to be careful because anything can happen. Quick story (Tru Story) I am 26 and currently drive an audi S4 . I had an e36 m3 sedan up until about 9 months ago when it was totaled and my view on cars changed forever. I was driving in an area that was notorious for bad auto accidents (oblivious to me) . I was doing approx 45 -50 mph (Long story short) Lady in suv makes a left turn in front of me from on coming traffic and 1 of the four passengers in her vehicle that was unrestrained was ejected and killed. Mind you that my m3 was a 4door and black with no exterior mods, but because i look to be about 20 years old and an m3 is a performance car, i must have been racing or excessively speeding according to the news and curb side witnesses. I was not ticketed or charged with anything at the scene of the accident, and my speed was never determined due to no skid marks, and the crash investigator said it looked to be her fault because she failed to yield the right of way.
All this in mind ..... 8 months after the accident I was arrested at my house on sunday morning for being contributorily negligent in a fatal collision, failure to control speed to avoid a collision, and reckless driving. I recently cleared my name, but it cost me $7000 in lawyer fees and exactly 36 hours in prison. I will probably be picking up and evo VIII in the next 2 weeks, but I am very leary because the Evo VIII is one of the poster child cars for the fast and the furious.... Sorry for the long post.
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mikenuts86
if your family can afford all these cars you shouldnt have to worry about insurance...
yea i was thinking abt tht too.....haha....it's like worrying abt the crazy fuel consumption when u have a ferrari 360...
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 04:47 AM

you offended me with this:

17yrs old is too young to have an EVO!
i hate that way of thinking soo much. there ARE kids who are spoiled and just get everything they want. kids who get sports cars who can not even drive stick. i remember seeing one post of someone who said "why is there a loud rumble and no accerleration in 3rd gear?"

that same person then posted a little while later " oops, sorry, i was shifting into 5th" some people are just morons.

those people are retarded and i am not counting them. but by saying that no 17 year old should have an evo is....well its just BS. i know many young people who take the responsability of driving very seriously and can handle themselves even in a high powered car like an EVO.

but all in all, i probably just took your post a little to seriously. it just caught me at the wrong moment i sappose.
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Just to kind of keep in the theme to your question...probably pretty high , considering your age and the car you want to purchase. For the exact price depends on your Insurance company for one and what region(state) you live in. But the good news is the insurance payments will eventually go down IF you drive with your HEAD and not your testosterone (always raging at that age) Don't get mad at the haters....life is unfair. They just need realize, it's neither your fault nor have to justify why, you and your family are well set. As for me, little jealous, ...yes but I don't measure happiness by the numnber of things I buy nor their price tags....I LOVE HIP-HOP but I'm just not a BLING-BLING king of guy PEACE
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SilverEvo8owner
My brother and i share that car
we need another car

to much of a hassle to share
What up kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid! Evo owner in da hiz-housssssssssssa. If you have a lot of room out there to drive than I say get the friggin evo! Hey I'm a 29 year-old evo owner that luckily pays $900 per year for insurance because my insurance company doesn't frickin care what's under the hood (knock on wood). Shhhhhhhhhh! Anyway, buy the car, pay your high insurance, and live it up while knowing that you are one of the few 17 year old ****'s drivin' an evo .... and man be frickin careful ... do yourself a favor and learn the car before you get craz-e and show it off to all of your jealous friends! And don't listen to all of these Barnies who think you'll pick up more girls in that mommy Mercedes. Man the young girlies are gunna dig the evo ... not the mommy ... I mean Mercedes SUV. Good luck and friggin enjoy!

Last edited by evo1; Apr 28, 2003 at 05:30 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2003 | 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

I'm turnin green here........ Insurance will be really high but a clean record will help. Get on your parents insurance if they have good records and list them as the primary driver of the EVO and that will drop your rates massively, cause then you're only paying for you on the insurance not you in the car . Good luck!

Quick Reply: Fellow 17 year old Evo 8 owners