Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

$1000 rebate to customer on Evo IXs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1000 rebate to customer on Evo IXs?

I've noticed this phenomenon for the past 2 months now - both June and now July. Go on kbb.com and do build a car. Build any 2006 Lancer Evolution. Right now it shows a $1000 factory to customer rebate on the Evo until 7/31 for my zip code. (Use 19101 if you want to check my region in PA). I know I checked the same site nearly every day in July up to just this past Saturday morning (7/29) and there was no rebate listed. But sometime either late Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, the rebate showed up - "$1000 Customer Cash". The exact same thing happened last month too, like 2 days before the end of June, a $1000 factory to customer rebate showed up, expiring 6/30. Unfortunately, I keep finding out about it only after it's too late to even inquire at the local dealers about it. They have also listed an optional 1.9% financing that seems to exclude the rebate both months.

So I guess the main questions are:
1) Is this incentive for real? I do not see it on other sites that track factory incentives like Edmunds.com
2) Has anyone successfully gotten this rebate yet?
3) Is it only in effect for the last day or two of the sales months? Or is this something that has been going on all month for the last 2 months, and kbb.com only posts it after they confirm it, after it's almost too late?

Can any dealers shed some light on this?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^

I think KBB>Com made mistake on that one probably they where thinking about the Lancer ES and Lancer Evo is the same....coz on the lancer es we have a $1000 rebate...But for sure not on evo
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

OMG, I almost ran to south coast (well... can't run, there about over an hour away)...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

go buy a evo print off the kbb and if mitsu doesnt honor it then get kbb to get you your money...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolution_4_all
^^^

I think KBB>Com made mistake on that one probably they where thinking about the Lancer ES and Lancer Evo is the same....coz on the lancer es we have a $1000 rebate...But for sure not on evo
That's what I thought initially too. But then I checked the regular Lancers, and they had the $1000 rebate listed for them for the WHOLE month on kbb.com - both June and July - in my zip.

Has Mitsu ever done something like I suggested? ...That is, offer an incentive for only the last few days of the month in an effort to meet targets? Is that a plausible explanation? Or is that totally unprecidented for Mitsu to do?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

I got a $500 rebate wgen i purchased mine in may under an owners loyalty, but was kind of funny because I bought an 03 prior to my ix and it was having problems so the dealer bought my car back and I still got the rebate LOL!!!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ Yeah, we know about that one. The $500 loyalty and another $500 recent grad rebate have been offered for a while now. But the $1000 Custimer Cash one I saw was separate and had no qualifications.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:21 PM

I really want to know this to, if I check under the mitsu sight I know I saw 1000$ customer rebate not to long ago on all lancers, it didn't say anything about excluding evos. I emailed a car company about it and got no reply. Maybe I will try and call mitsu later. South Coast mitsu can you check for us? (cause im seriously thinking of driving the 1000miles to cali to buy an evo from you.)

-MT
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:52 PM

buy one used with very low miles...U can ge them for 28-30 IX MR......
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOIXMR8916
go buy a evo print off the kbb and if mitsu doesnt honor it then get kbb to get you your money...
If life was so easy to make people pay for misprints.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The $1000 back is not valid, I checked it at 3 different dealerships. At least, it wasn't valid when I saw it being offered and when I bought my car.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noob4life
The $1000 back is not valid, I checked it at 3 different dealerships. At least, it wasn't valid when I saw it being offered and when I bought my car.
What date did you buy your car?