Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mustang Dyno Sheet Baseline and w/ Tune Evo IX.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraist
Add 15% to my numbers for dynojet.
So, you think you're making 370whp in the middle of the summer in Florida with those basic mods? Might want to think about that comment for a second instead of repeating what they told you...

The only important part is the gain from before to after. That's a great whp gain and an unbelievable WTQ gain, although your wtq was so low previously that something must have been wrong - probably the result of having all those mods with no tune on a IX, which is not advisable.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:23 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
In the past, this one has always read like a Dynojet, but now they claim it was recalibrated or had a part replaced to make it read like a normal Mustang Dyno. Who knows, though, since we always see dyno numbers from CFT but rarely (if ever) 1/4 et/mph from the same cars...
We never see Al's cars on a dyno, since 90% of them are mail-ins. Nor do we see their ETs. But I'll be sure to get my 1/4/ET/MPH for you in the not too distant future. Maybe you should come down to FL and put your car on CFTs dyno, as well as bring a few of the DynoFlash cars here. We should have a dyno day! Then you can always come to Speedworld and pick a lane. =)
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:24 AM
Account Disabled

So, you think you're making 370whp in the middle of the summer in Florida with those basic mods? Might want to think about that comment for a second instead of repeating what they told you...

The only important part is the gain from before to after. That's a great whp gain and an unbelievable WTQ gain, although your wtq was so low previously that something must have been wrong - probably the result of having all those mods with no tune on a IX, which is not advisable.
That's why you get it tuned, man. What do you think, I can put the mods on and tune it instantly? Or did you want me to install the mods 10 min before the tune, or while it's on the dyno? Come to speedworld and pick a lane.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Tons of Dynoflashed cars get dyno'd and go to the track. Go read the Drag Racing forum - there's Dynoflashed cars all over the place in there doing high 11s and low 12s. In fact, right down there in Florida who ran 11.56. 90% are mail-in tunes? Where in the world would you get that idea? Funny how you speak with such authority about Dynoflash when you know absolutely nothing.

I personally have dyno'd and hit the track at almost every mod level:

- stock 248whp/238wtq = 13.1@104
- cat-back/safc/mbc 282whp/259wtq = 12.6@107
- tbe/mbc/bov/fp/dynoflash 305whp/310wtq = 12.2@110

With 370whp, which is 15% more than 322whp, I would have been in the 11.7 range at 116, so that's your strike zone...

Last edited by Warrtalon; Aug 1, 2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

That's why you get it tuned, man. What do you think, I can put the mods on and tune it instantly? Or did you want me to install the mods 10 min before the tune, or while it's on the dyno? Come to speedworld and pick a lane.
??? Yes, it's best to install the mods right before the tune if you can, but what I'm really saying is that the gains (in terms of wtq) aren't so much because of the great tuning but rather because the car was not in good shape before the tune. Luckily, there were no real problems with the car, and John was able to shape everything up nicely with tuning and probably some boost tweaking.

Why do you keep saying to pick a lane? Feel free to drive 2000 miles to Colorado if you'd like, then you can enjoy racing at 6000'.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:28 AM
Account Disabled

Tons of Dynoflashed cars get dyno'd and go to the track. Go read the Drag Racing forum - there's Dynoflashed cars all over the place in there doing high 11s and low 12s. In fact, right down there in Florida who ran 11.56...

I personally have dyno'd and hit the track at almost every mod level:

- stock 248whp/238wtq = 13.1@104
- cat-back/safc/mbc 282whp/259wtq = 12.6@107
- tbe/mbc/bov/fp/dynoflash 305whp/310wtq = 12.2@110

With 370whp, which is 15% more than 322whp, I would have been in the 11.7 range at 116, so that's your strike zone...
- tbe/mbc/bov/fp/dynoflash 305whp/310wtq = 12.2@110 - THAT IS PATHETIC. People who get tuned by Jestr with those mods have gotten almost to 350whp on a mustang. Al needs to check his maps.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

While it is clear that you gained a lot from the tune, this mustang dyno is way-off, probably due to incorrect dyno caliberations or something. Even if your IX is one of the strongest one from the manufacturer, there is just no way that it would be making 290 baseline whp on the mustang dyno.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

- tbe/mbc/bov/fp/dynoflash 305whp/310wtq = 12.2@110 - THAT IS PATHETIC. People who get tuned by Jestr with those mods have gotten almost to 350whp on a mustang. Al needs to check his maps.
Uh huh, right...show me one VIII with stage 1 mods making 350whp on 93oct. You're not even close to 350whp on a IX with MORE mods...
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:32 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ROK EVO
While it is clear that you gained a lot from the tune, this mustang dyno is way-off, probably due to incorrect dyno caliberations or something. Even if your IX is one of the strongest one from the manufacturer, there is just no way that it would be making 290 baseline whp on the mustang dyno.
I had mods, buddy. TBE, MBC, Intake, Walbro, H34 BOV. My car wasn't stock. Also, as you can see. My wtq was lower then a stock cars, even with mods.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
Account Disabled

Uh huh, right...show me one VIII with stage 1 mods making 350whp on 93oct. You're not even close to 350whp on a IX with MORE mods...
I thought you were talking about IXs.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I thought you were talking about IXs.
Drives: 05 GG MR

I've never had a IX, and I said I was talking about my own car. Plus, if other IXs get 350whp on that dyno with those mods, why aren't you concerned about only making 322whp?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:36 AM
Account Disabled

Drives: 05 GG MR

I've never had a IX, and I said I was talking about my own car. Plus, if other IXs get 350whp on that dyno with those mods, why aren't you concerned about only making 322whp?
They had a different BC. Mine is just a regular manual one. If I added a EBC i'd probably get better gains. Every car is different too. No one car baselines the EXACT SAME NUMBERS as another car even if it was the EXACT mods and EXACT brands. Or even stock vs stock for that matter. They're all different. In any case, I am very happy with my whp gains and I'm IMPRESSED with the Wtq.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

that mustang dyno reads as like a dynojet or in my case when i was there it was reading higher.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

??? You don't get better gains from an EBC. That's crazy...

I know every car is different, but you tried to tell me that 305whp/310wtq was pathetic by showing how much power other IXs make with Jestr tuning, but then you excuse your own lack of power due to the boost controller? Craziness...
Old Aug 1, 2006, 08:40 AM
Account Disabled

??? You don't get better gains from an EBC. That's crazy...

I know every car is different, but you tried to tell me that 305whp/310wtq was pathetic by showing how much power other IXs make with Jestr tuning, but then you excuse your own lack of power due to the boost controller? Craziness...
There was another 9 there. He had an EBC, he held boost longer. Mine tapered more. His EBC had more control over his boost taper. I am judging by what I saw and what people with engineering degree's tell me.

Quick Reply: Mustang Dyno Sheet Baseline and w/ Tune Evo IX.