Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mustang Dyno Sheet Baseline and w/ Tune Evo IX.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad can beat your dad up.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

My dad is more JDM than your dad.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

very nice gains in torque

The torque gains look good - especially before maximum torque is achieved. however, after the max torque, the gains look low to me. Also, your baseline is way too high. There must be a huge correction factor used to calibrate the results.

In comparison, we were able to gain 75HP (with 280HP baseline) at 36F hotter weather from base. My boost is at 22.5psi peak dropping to 21psi at redline with 24.5psi spike in 5/6th gear...

I know everyone likes tolking whp there in the USA, but the dyno numbers vary sooo much, I think the only important thing is base versus after results. With yours, it looks very good until max torque is reached, but not much gain after 4k RPM where you will be at when racing/driving fast...
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bosshog
The torque gains look good - especially before maximum torque is achieved. however, after the max torque, the gains look low to me. Also, your baseline is way too high. There must be a huge correction factor used to calibrate the results.

In comparison, we were able to gain 75HP (with 280HP baseline) at 36F hotter weather from base. My boost is at 22.5psi peak dropping to 21psi at redline with 24.5psi spike in 5/6th gear...

I know everyone likes tolking whp there in the USA, but the dyno numbers vary sooo much, I think the only important thing is base versus after results. With yours, it looks very good until max torque is reached, but not much gain after 4k RPM where you will be at when racing/driving fast...
From what it looks like, in your dyno thread, you have cams. I do not have cams.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He has a IX, thus no cams.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

Power Mods: e-bay O2 Housing, HKS Downpipe, Custom Decat, HKS Silent Hi-Power, AMS LICP, Works drop-in Filter, HKS Iridium Spark Plugs, Walbro FP, Ecutek

Lets look at his mods in his Sig. E-bay O2 Housing, AMS LICP, IRIDUM SPARK PLUGS. Lets compare two cars with different mods. That's real cool. They have different mods. They are different power-wise. Let me go put that stuff in my car and run it on a dyno again. Maybe a 1000whp Evo 9 should come in here, with a GT35 kit and start boasting. You do not have the same mods I do, you have more mods. That is your power gain over me.

Last edited by Zeus; Aug 1, 2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

What are you talking about? I'm not comparing anything - I just said he didn't have cams. I said absolutely nothing about his power or your power. Get ahold of yourself and watch the personal insults (reported). His LICP and o2 are good mods, but they don't make a lot of power. Regardless, I didn't say anything about the power differences (as already stated). I hope you have Iridium plugs (not sure why you highlighted those), since they come stock...
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

I was just trying to help...

I just gave my numbers as comparison although we do not have the same exact mods.

Just to let you know, I could not feel any difference after I put the Works drop in filter and AMS LICP after the tune although they should have helped according to the general consensus here Do you still have the stock cat?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bosshog
I just gave my numbers as comparison although we do not have the same exact mods.

Just to let you know, I could not feel any difference after I put the Works drop in filter and AMS LICP after the tune although they should have helped according to the general consensus here Do you still have the stock cat?
Test pipe.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What are you talking about? I'm not comparing anything - I just said he didn't have cams. I said absolutely nothing about his power or your power. Get ahold of yourself and watch the personal insults (reported). His LICP and o2 are good mods, but they don't make a lot of power. Regardless, I didn't say anything about the power differences (as already stated). I hope you have Iridium plugs (not sure why you highlighted those), since they come stock...
Keep narking people, man. Why don't you call the police and whine to them? Nark.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
Threads like these should be deleted - when noobs come on here and search for answers (like they're endlessly told to do) they're going to get threads like these (full of conflicting information, half truths and outright BS) back as results and will become even more confused and frustrated.
Agreed. Also, if I were Jestr, I would not want this person out there representing me.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by ultraist
Keep narking people, man. Why don't you call the police and whine to them? Nark.
People like you ruin this forum and though I don't agree with WT often, I support him 100% on this one. No worries though, at this rate you won't be around for long.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

ban!!!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

OK who can **** farther? Who gives a crap who has more $hit.

I thought the point of this site was for people to make freinds, compare their cars, and find out what works best on the evos.

Warr people all over this site have been calling you names. They think you have a god complex. No offense, but you seem to get enjoyment, in trying to prove people wrong. Let them do stuff their own way. I know you try to guide them, but just share what you know and have learned. If they don't like it, F- em. I do pay attention to a lot you say. But I am new to the turbo scene. I am used to building camaros and mustangs. I had an 87 camaro with 575 hp and 200 shot of nitrous on it. Fun car good for high 9's. Never got to shot the nitrous. Sold it before i did.

For all those have not seen it yet there are cams out for the IX.

Last edited by Cyloc; Aug 1, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn this is gettign nasty

Last edited by vboy425; Aug 1, 2006 at 07:48 PM.