Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Interesting Car and Driver quote

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redevo8driver
if the rs4 should be around 55k then what should the s4 be around? and then the a4? I mean if the rs4 is 55 k does that make the s4 40k and the a4 25k? I mean base price of 66k with only one major option (premium package for 4700 dollars) brings the price to about 71 and change after destination charge. Seeing how many connecticut dealerships charge near 40k for a 3.0 a4 fully loaded I think 71k for an s4 on steroids or an a4 on steroids and crack is not too bad. Its to be expected. I mean the day I bought my evo I walked into a dealership with 40 grand cash to buy a used s4 and the audi snobs didnt even approach me for 20 minutes until I grabbed the salesperson. Needless to say later that day mitsubishi got some quick business from me
The S4 shouldn't even exist as it is.. or it should have the performance of the RS4 and the RS4 should be at the level of the M5.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

its pretty ridiculous that they keep saying this.. sorry the MR is just a appearance package for the most part.. a collectors car. None of the fastest evos in the world are MRs.

Originally Posted by boostless
Thats a pretty sick comparison....

But I have a question....I like the MR but why is it the end all be all of EVOs? Everyone refers to the MR as if its so much better than the others. I researched before I purchased my IX and went with it because it didnt seem that the options were enough of a benefit for $4k more. Does anyone have an answer to this?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
its pretty ridiculous that they keep saying this.. sorry the MR is just a appearance package for the most part.. a collectors car. None of the fastest evos in the world are MRs.
This is a comparison of stock cars. Not that respect car and driver's opinion on things. But I've seen a few other show's and magazines' test results for the different models to show the MR has a slight advantage on handling. I just wish the U.S. model had the Active Yaw Control.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

FJF, i know this is off-topic but is your location New York Sity? or New Yersey?
i don't understand NYS......
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:51 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
FJF, i know this is off-topic but is your location New York Sity? or New Yersey?
i don't understand NYS......
NYS = New York State. I live Upstate in a metro area of ~1M.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

OKAY i thought u had a typo or something