Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New launch control builds 20+psi!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is all very funny. Generally speaking when you get someone that insists that something is impossible it is either because they lack an open mind or have tried the very same thing and failed. Sound familiar TTP? I direct this toward you because I have nothing personally to gain or lose by sharing my experience but you seem to have some personal issue with this product. And seems you have since my first post. This was the same case in posts on a local forum www.tennesspeed.net that I read before buying the product in the first place. After speaking to the company that has developed the launch control and another that actually raced against them in their sponsored car with the device installed, it only seems to amount to jealousy. Funny thing is they also said flying was impossible until the Wright brothers proved otherwise. Even more funny was when I was first looking at getting the launch control, I went to a local hangout when the guy was trying to find someone to run against him… guess what, everyone had mouths online but no one had ***** on the street. And yes, they all still came (like me) to look!
Oh Mellontuning.com… your only three hours from Nashville, put your 49 dollar mail in ecu flash sofa king to test. I bet they would be glad to give you a tour of the back of their car, even loan you some binoculars so you don’t miss anything.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 08:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkdinan
Oh Mellontuning.com… your only three hours from Nashville, put your 49 dollar mail in ecu flash sofa king to test. I bet they would be glad to give you a tour of the back of their car, even loan you some binoculars so you don’t miss anything.
what does this have to do with your claim to be able to pop a wheelie?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Man I'm messing with you. And dude(passenger in other car) said the right front tire looked like it came off the ground which was the side he was on. I never said I popped a "wheelie". Go back and read the posts.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

TTP and Mellon
i would hate to say it, but you are wrong.

his evo does lift up the front wheels.....
its about 700 whp and he had a fast and the furious rwd drift conversion done

blkdinan, the torque split favors the front of the car, pushing the whole car down, not up. if you put spare tires on with vegetable oil and you had 1000 whp, it might get the front off the ground. oh wait, probably not.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is all very funny. Generally speaking when you get someone that insists that something is impossible it is either because they lack an open mind or have tried the very same thing and failed. Sound familiar TTP? I direct this toward you because I have nothing personally to gain or lose by sharing my experience but you seem to have some personal issue with this product. And seems you have since my first post. This was the same case in posts on a local forum www.tennesspeed.net that I read before buying the product in the first place. After speaking to the company that has developed the launch control and another that actually raced against them in their sponsored car with the device installed, it only seems to amount to jealousy. Funny thing is they also said flying was impossible until the Wright brothers proved otherwise. Even more funny was when I was first looking at getting the launch control, I went to a local hangout when the guy was trying to find someone to run against him… guess what, everyone had mouths online but no one had ***** on the street. And yes, they all still came (like me) to look!
Please do yourself a favor in an effort to save your self from continued self inflicted embarassment and stop posting.

The notion that out of jealously, with our record breaking 10 second, 130mph stock turbo Evo on factory ECU, we are jealous of your miracle marvel stutterbox is comical.

That holds just about as much weight as your wheelie popping AWD Evo running 13.8's @ 99mph.

To achieve this marvelous feat you forgot to mention the other parts you also purchased to boost the power and boost off the line.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/energ...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MPG-A...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dana-...25544686QQrdZ1
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You are incorrect on all accounts.

There is no "fake rev limit".

A 2 step from the ECU is a fuel cut and not an ignition cut.

It does not put any load on the engine.

Hitting a turbo with a bat would not make it spool up either.
oh im soo very sorry TTP Eningering. i will have to go and tell everyone else in the world that anti-lag just shoots flames out the exhaust and does nothing to help spool!

seriousl guys what was wrong in the statement???? a 2step does act as a rev limiter that kicks in lower down the rpm band. ok the fake bit might have sounded wrong to you but it not the actually rev limit is it???

i have seen 2 steps with ignition cuts to. these where form aftermarket boxes so they my use an ignition cut rather than a fuel cut (a bit like traction control devises do).

you say a 2step doesn't load the engine, so how does it get the trubo to spool????? everyone knows with a turbo you need to load the engine before the turbo will do anything. look at the domestic guys, trans brakes REALLY REALLY help thoes guys off the line! why? bescause they can load the engine before they launch.

you right on the bat point! lol but seriously, anti-lag is very violent. it can be used in a DD, just not all the time. alot of systems have switchable anti-lag, so you can turn it off or just down. then when you are at the track, or just for the fun of it, you can turn it up and start really going for it! if you have ever seen a Group N Evo at full battle cry going around a tight bends, anti-lag would be the very next thing on your mod list! but it will reduce the life of a turbo.

thanks Chris.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SaOrlando
TTP and Mellon
i would hate to say it, but you are wrong.

his evo does lift up the front wheels.....
its about 700 whp and he had a fast and the furious rwd drift conversion done

blkdinan, the torque split favors the front of the car, pushing the whole car down, not up. if you put spare tires on with vegetable oil and you had 1000 whp, it might get the front off the ground. oh wait, probably not.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The turbo spools from the pulsation of skipped fuel injection on certain engine revolutions. This especially effective on twin scroll turbos.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:04 AM
Account Disabled

Man I'm messing with you. And dude(passenger in other car) said the right front tire looked like it came off the ground which was the side he was on. I never said I popped a "wheelie". Go back and read the posts.
No, I'm pretty sure you claimed to pop a wheelie... and I quote:

Pm sent. Oh, guess what! I did break my TC....launched the car on a concrete bridge and when the front tires came back to the ground something had to give. Put a helical in and no problems since.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

I just read this whole thread, and now I am going to go beat my head with a bat with rusty nails sticking out of it.

TTP, I don't know how you do it, I guess after so long the ignorance gets to me to where I don't even have enough energy to type anymore.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

I'm guessing that if you wanted to build more boost while using the 2 step you would just log what load cells your car operates in when using the 2 step and modify the timing table / and the mivec tables to achive more boost in the load cells used by the 2 step. This could cause other undesireable issues if those load cells are also in use during shifts. I've logged the 2 step before and if I recall correctly it operates in the low load columns 10-50 or so. The factory ECU does have control of these parameters while the 2 step is activated. However, I agree that your just asking for broken parts.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Great thread!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

ya i only build about 12 psi at launch, 20psi is sick must be a nice launch
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

OMG