Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

'06 Evo Launch Control - What, How and When

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:46 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 Evo Launch Control - What, How and When

Hey guys, i am sorry in advance if this is something that has been covered before. I've searched high and low and besides a few comments on "personal launch techniques" did not get anything.

I've read that the '06 Evo (MR in particular) comes with "Lauch Control" and i wanted to ask you guys what exactly does that mean.

I take great care of all my cars and i would never do anything which was a car was not designed to handled with day to day reliability. I cant say that i have a sepcific need for "launching" for best times but i am interested in knowing more about it. Is there something built in that prevents user input from damaging the car? In other words what is "Launch Control".

Is it

1) Preventing you from moving off from a dead stop at above preset RPM?
2) Giving you a better 0 to whatever time by positioning the RPM for best results?
3) Taking it easy on the transmission by retarding the RPM to prevent problems?

I guess i want to know what it is in a nut shell. Is it helping you preserve the reliability of your car or is it something that allows you to extract the maximum out of it. In any case, how is it used and engaged?

Thank you in advance and once again, sorry if this is beating a dead horse.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, this is to help protect the car.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Launch Control limit your rpm at launch(So you could WOT at Launch) and build boost(To avoid turbo lag,useful if you have a GT35R or bigger turbo).
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
Launch Control limit your rpm at launch(So you could WOT at Launch) and build boost(To avoid turbo lag,useful if you have a GT35R or bigger turbo).
you're talking about 2 steps. the US launch controll is actually call Stationary Rev limit on 05-06 evos are set at 5k to void braking of the tranny. the problem is that at 5k will bogg your car, better yet go and buy yourself a ECUflash cable $80 bucks and change it yourself to like 5600rpm good spot and no bogg. My is set at 6k and i get about 7-8psi fo boost

Last edited by vboy425; Aug 2, 2006 at 12:21 AM.