Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evading arrest? wtf

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i forgot to say the cop said I was going 70 and I just laughed at him like no way man. so he says i had to go 70 to catch up and I was thinking because yo were behind the same slow azz gramma I was. anyway cops are the worst power tripers ever. i think most of them got beat up alot in school
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with SASD209. The cop probably saw you on a "joy ride" and had NO way of catching you, so he assumed you were running due a large variety of reasons (drugs, no license/insurance, etc...). There's no way a Crown Vic (or whatever crappy car he was in) can even come close to keeping pace with an Evo on a windy road like the one you described, and this created a big problem for the office I'm sure. Most officers do not like to be outdriven / outperformed.

As mentioned like 10X already, get a good lawyer, go and fight it. Good luck w/ it, let us all know what happens!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:32 PM

Its obviose that you have a big wing blocking your back window plus you pulled over the car and did not go on a high speed chase. The cop was tripping like they usually do and arrested you for that, thats just crazy. This is america I would get a lawer and countersue the cop
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Just mention in court you had no reason to evade arrest. Was the siren even on?

Admit you were "joy riding" - take fault for that, but let them know that under no circumstances you were evading arrest. For goodness sakes, if you were, why would you have stopped in the first place. This cop is just being a smart ***.

All the best.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Darwinian
THe Evo is a cop magnet. Drive it slow get a ticket, drive it fast get a ticket. Police think this car is going fast when it is parked. Get used to it.
didnt they have a commercial about the toyota celica looked fast when it was parked a few yrs ago? heh
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:37 PM

Oh ya also take pictures of your wing from inside and out of the car and other pics of the area that you got arrested. I never see cops behind me thats what the radar detector is for
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sucks. i've almost gotten arrested for "evading arrest." i was driving my bmw.

take it to court....get a lawyer. good luck
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MITVRX
Just mention in court you had no reason to evade arrest. Was the siren even on?

Admit you were "joy riding" - take fault for that, but let them know that under no circumstances you were evading arrest. For goodness sakes, if you were, why would you have stopped in the first place. This cop is just being a smart ***.

All the best.
This is DEFINATELY the way to go.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:44 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by Utah-evo
Oh ya also take pictures of your wing from inside and out of the car and other pics of the area that you got arrested. I never see cops behind me thats what the radar detector is for
Ok, there have been numerous posts of members getting stopped because the cops felt the EVO wing obscured the rearward vision from inside their car. It has always been discarded as the wing meets US safety standards. Now you propose to use that as a defence? I don't think I'd try that one in court.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

should of dusted him
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:50 PM

Take a pic from inside your car with the wing blocking something preferably police light. Judges love pictures there worth a thousand words you know anyway good luck you'll be ok.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Don't worry, I reckon you will be fine. I would love to hear the cops side of the story.

"Yee, so I saw him doing twistys down the corner and he saw me, and like, he wanted to get away from me right, so I chased him down right, and like, he just couldn't get away because like I was a good driver and all ....... like in the acadmey and stuff.......... yeah...and...he gave in"...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:55 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by MITVRX
Don't worry, I reckon you will be fine. I would love to hear the cops side of the story.

"Yee, so I saw him doing twistys down the corner and he saw me, and like, he wanted to get away from me right, so I chased him down right, and like, he just couldn't get away because like I was a good driver and all ....... like in the acadmey and stuff.......... yeah...and...he gave in"...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^lol
Old Aug 2, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha