Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I should have done this two years ago!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Cruise Control in my car a red brick lol
Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dudical26
+1
Old Aug 4, 2006, 09:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what is the "nicest" brand to use?
Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dudical26
+100000000000000
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The promised pictures....................

Here is the servo mounted off the back side of the strut bar using the "L" shaped bracket provided. If you are worried about appearance there is no reason the bracket couldn't be mounted to the underside of the strut bar.

Why mount to the strut bar. This area next to the master brake cylinder is the only spot big enough for the servo unless you want to go down somewhere around the transmission. What is nice about mounting the servo to the strut bar is you can remove the strut bar and work on it at the bench - no leaning over the fender.

Almost directly below is the speed sensor. It is a little hard to find, look by the rear transmission motor mount. Three wires go to the speed sensor: black with white tracer is power, black is ground, black with yellow tracer is the wire with the speed sensor signal. You will need to remove the battery tray go get down to the speed sensor. Notice that the wire comes up the back side of the engine and joins some other harness at the head.

You do have to remove the rubber boot. I think I will cut the boot to fit around the bracket and return it to the strut bar. I believe the rubber boot is there to keep the battery from hitting the bar in a head-on.
Attached Thumbnails I should have done this two years ago!-beatrush-001.jpg  

Last edited by barneyb; Aug 6, 2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

This the RC Aircraft cable clamp I used to clamp the cruise pull cable to the throttle cable. You want this to be as close to the throttle bellcrank as possible but not into the bell crank. That way you can get a full throttle pull with out hitting the throttle cable sheath. I had to squeeze this a little in a vise before it would get a good grip on both cables.
Attached Thumbnails I should have done this two years ago!-beatrush.jpg   I should have done this two years ago!-beatrush-004.jpg  
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

This next is a picture of the cable clamp I put around both cable housings. This part can be found in any hardware store. I filed it out some with a rattail file so it wouldn't pinch the cables. Place this clamp somewhere near the throttle end of the cables. You want it only tight enough to keep one cable housing from moving relative to the other. Too tight and the cable inside won't move. (Edit) well, for some reason this picture won't upload.

The final picture is of the finished product inside the car. Various controls are available so pick what you want.
Attached Thumbnails I should have done this two years ago!-beatrush-008.jpg  

Last edited by barneyb; Aug 6, 2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add picture
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I tried to upload the picture of the hardware store clamp again using a new post but still no go.

Last edited by barneyb; Aug 6, 2006 at 08:35 PM. Reason: tried up upload picture - didn't work