Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is this part for and how do I fix it? PICS...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is this part for and how do I fix it? PICS...

Hi,

I went to get an oil change today and one of the workers said I was leaking oil.

When I got home I put the car up on ramps and realized that a bolt had come out on one of the sides where the tube meets the turbo.
and the other bolt had come loose so I go to tighten it and it snapped off.

So now I have nothing holding this part to the turbo. What the hell am I going to do now....

(borrowed pics from another thread, not my pics)
Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok Go to a machine shop or some skilled metal worker and have them remove the snaped bolt if they can (HOPE that they can). Next get new bolts and washers, Tourque Specs, I might be able to get you them by monday (the torque specs).
Then Just put it back togather

If you want to try and remove the bolt stud (Try at your own risk) Well if there is a little bit left sticking up to fit vice grips on get a torch and heat the bolt alittle and spray some wd40 on it. Try and loosen the bold with the vice grips.

IF ther isn't any of the stud sticking up you could try and get a poin and hammer and spin it alittle unti there is enough sticking up to take it out.

(HIGHLY NOT RECOMENDED) Otherwise you could get a drill and drill the bolt stud until its almost the size of the hole it fits into, Careful not to damage the threads. Then get a Tap and tap out the remaing metal. !!Make sure no fileings go into the turbo!!

By the way i think you know this, but those are your oil return and Feed lines. They are kinda important

Last edited by 3SgteGuru; Aug 5, 2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

yeh, with out that line ur scrwed.

It is your turbo feed anat the top where the 14mm hex bolt is. The lower part is the oil return line and it goes to your oil pan. You HAVE to have that.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:13 PM

That's a major PITA. Hope you get it fixed without too much hassle.