Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

06 EVO MR Vs 02 WRX At Capitol This Friday!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I sould have it tuned and only drive it once a month so its like new everytime. Yea right! I alway go on stupid little errands so I can take the evo. I think I like the attention it gets
Old Aug 9, 2006, 09:56 AM

02wrx=a**slow
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by garcias2k
My friend has an 03 WRX with HKS up-pipe, intake, exhaust and bov. I raced him in my 02 s2000 (rsr exhaust, injen intake) from a stand still. At the launch he had the jump until I hit vtec. We raced up to 150mph or at least I did, and by the end of it I had him by 6 car lengths. Now just a month ago I traded the s2k in for a bby 03 evo all stock. This past Saturday I just installed a new injen intake, up-pipe and greddy rs bov. Afterward we went for a test drive. It seemed to be about the same but I did like the sound. We then went for a test drive in his WRX and it felt so much faster. I didn't race him but it felt like it would rape my ***. But my s2k raped his *** so now I'm confused. Is my car a slow piece of ****? I think I will race him at the track this weekend to know for sure. What can I do? My wife says that I'm used to the boost so now it feels slow. I think I may not be at the proper psi that I sould be. Maybe I sould buy a boost guage.
How did you put an up-pipe on an evo?? thats a subaru thing u mean down-pipe?
Also check for boost leaks and make sure all the couplings on the ic piping are tight
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
k0evo = E-THUG of the Month
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

E-THUG 4 life homie, get it straight mo focker.

Yes there is an up and down pipe on ALL intercooled turbo cars, and yes the Injen intake kit comes with filter/hardpipe as well as up-pipe. The up pipe is the pipe that runs over your intake past your battery into your intake manifold (pop your hood, look the the right hand side of the engine bay.) What else did you think that huge ugly pipe was, a portable underhood bong?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
E-THUG 4 life homie, get it straight mo focker.

Yes there is an up and down pipe on ALL intercooled turbo cars, and yes the Injen intake kit comes with filter/hardpipe as well as up-pipe. The up pipe is the pipe that runs over your intake past your battery into your intake manifold (pop your hood, look the the right hand side of the engine bay.) What else did you think that huge ugly pipe was, a portable underhood bong?
Wrong.. You are talking about the upper intercooler pipe... An up-pipe is on subaru's and it goes between the manifold and the turbo where as on our cars the turbo mounts directly to the manifold
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ByUBlue2003
Wrong.. You are talking about the upper intercooler pipe... An up-pipe is on subaru's and it goes between the manifold and the turbo where as on our cars the turbo mounts directly to the manifold
Okay, so i'm wrong. You knew what he was talking about though, no need to play dumb.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Last edited by ByUBlue2003; Aug 9, 2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

I didnt mean to be much of an a$$ about it.. when i read the first post talking about installing an up-pipe what I was thinking is maybe he was talking about a new manifold or possibly just got ripped off.. I just wanted clarification
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about you shift at 5000 rpm on every gear when you race him, I think you still beat him !! I used to have a stage 4 WRX. may be it will run close to a EVO MR
but, without a bigger turbo, WRX go NO where !
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

I still think his wrx would beat mine. At around 5500 rpm, it feels so slow so I just shift. As far as the intake goes, it the injen upper innercooler pipe and intake into the turbo. I haven't gotten to any of the exhaust pipes yet. So the down pipe is the pipe that connects to the cat.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by garcias2k
I still think his wrx would beat mine. At around 5500 rpm, it feels so slow so I just shift. As far as the intake goes, it the injen upper innercooler pipe and intake into the turbo. I haven't gotten to any of the exhaust pipes yet. So the down pipe is the pipe that connects to the cat.
Check for boost leaks.. I had a real bad one for a couple months and didnt know it until I go beat by a S4 then I knew something was F*ed up so I checked for leaks and sure enough the was one
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Where is the best place to check for boost leaks? I was told to recirculate my greddy bov instead of letting it release into the atmosphere. All the injen pipes are new and all the clamps are tight. Any help would be nice so I don't get rapped by wrxs
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

This should help:
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

also recic the bov would be a good idea at least until you get it tuned to compensate for the lost air