Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

06 EVO MR Vs 02 WRX At Capitol This Friday!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EVO MR Vs 02 WRX At Capitol This Friday!

Hey guys, and gals... Me and my brother have been front wheel drive guys for years and just with in the past month i purchased a EVO IX MR, and two days after that he traded his civic in for a 02 WRX. Over the past two weeks i have been going down to capitol with a few of my friends and chilling there for the night, actually not a bad place to hang out. Anyways, over this past weekend my brother came up to me and goes... i have a bet for you, we will run twice down the track and if one of his times are faster than mine then he gets to drive my car down the track once. I figured it would be cool to have some thing to look forward to on friday night, plus being the big bro i know he wants to take the evo for a spin let alone down the track. My question to everyone is, my IX MR is pretty much stock all i have done is JUN BL cat back exhaust. He is stock besides a HKS airfilter that goes in his stock air filter box. How close is this gonna be? For those who are wondering I can drive so that wont be an issue, the only thing that may be an issue is capitol's track... which for those of us who live in MD know its the worst but when you have to drive so far to get to MIR and Capitol is only 15 mintues away... you dont mind the bad track.

So tell me what i should expect to see out of both his WRX and my MR!

(EDIT)
I know the MR will own the wrx, i was just wondering how bad and what people have had experiences with like say EX-WRX owners. I did succeed, thanks to a few people...

(EDIT)

Last edited by thisonecountz; Aug 8, 2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

bye bye WRX..
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:04 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

This thread is a joke right?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

you're gonna school him, especially since it's an 02. what do u get if he loses?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
This thread is a joke right?
+1

WRX is super, super, super slow. It just makes noises but doesn't have any kick.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Unless you make an error, you win without question. Should you be racing a new car that you just bought a month ago? Doesn't that interfere with a proper break-in?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea ur gonna pown his face real bad...I mean you could mess us slightly and probably still win.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can't be seriously asking this question. How in the world could you not know the extreme difference beween an Evo IX and an 02 WRX? That's ridiculous.

It's also ridiculous that you say Capitol is the worst. It's a pretty good track that hooks well and is fast. I've been there probably 30-40 times and run some excellent ETs. MIR is better overall, but not enough for a couple of stock cars to notice the difference...
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

I used to have an 02 WRX w/ a decent amount of work tbe, reflash, intake, up-pipe, mbc ect.. and I got spanked by a evo on the highway that only had a tbe and the best I ever ran on the track was a 13.4 with a 1.6 60'...
Your brother wrx does NOT stand a chance unless you miss every gear. for whatever reason they just arent that fast just torque off the line then they fade off.
hope that helped
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I know it was pretty much a joke thread, and as far as the car i have 2500 miles on it already so she is pretty broken in to me, I am not waiting to 6000 miles to run this car.

Wartalon, I know the diffrence thats why i specified it being a 02 with 60,000 + miles on it at that. As far as capitol goes, we talked about this track in fact i pmed you about it. You know that its not the best track and could be much better. I guess i went a bit overboard with saying it was the worst but its not even close to MIR. But if you pulled of a 12 sec pass there, i guess its not that bad after all. Which lane did you choose to run in or did you use both lanes? for some reason when i ran my mazda it looked like the second lane pulled you in to the left a little bit.

And as far as winning, i don't really get much... i dont really want to run his wrx down the track. I havent really disscused that, i have been more focused on how bad i should beat him and how fun it will be.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

In fact, i think i will bring my video camera down and have one of my buddies tape the runs then ill post them.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Dude, you are going to kick the crap out of him. A stock IX has more hp at the wheels than a WRX has at the crank The two cars are not even in the same league.

I raced my Cobb stage 2 STi against my Evo IX MR when the MR had only 800 miles on it. The MR had absolutely no problem staying with the STi and it was even able to pull on it at higher rpm's through each gear.

The next week I had my STi dyno tuned and it had 253 hp at the wheels with the stage 2 mods. That would mean my Evo had somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 hp +/- to be able to keep up with and slightly pull on the STi.

After the tune the STi ended up with 304 hp. I just mod'd the Evo with a tbe, MBC, Walbro 255, Buschur licp and a Dynoflash EFlash. I can't wait to see how it compares to the STi now.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:01 AM

Man give him 4 car lenghts and you will still beat his *** by at least a couple more wrx's LOL...But yeh beat the sht out of his wrx when u get to drive it down the track and make sure he is watchin nutin like big bro showin the little guy whos boss.

Last edited by CFlancer; Aug 8, 2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thisonecountz
In fact, i think i will bring my video camera down and have one of my buddies tape the runs then ill post them.
Dont... Nobody cares about a stock Evo vs Stock WRX race. Pa lease..

His car is 10 mph and 2 seconds slower then yours, it's not even a race. Unless you're a horrible driver, which is very probable based on this thread you just created.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Running 12s at Capitol isn't a problem at all. I ran a 12.8 with just an SAFC there, then ran all my other good times there, too. I ran equivalent times at both MIR and Mason Dixon, so they're all equally fast. The main differences are the facilities, not the track surfaces themselves.

My best runs are captured in vids at Capitol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UImmKBWt5Ec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9MMpNQDpI