Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

E-Bay ID EVOLUTIONSTI....LOOK!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh...I looked and it says that their account is paypal verified. So I don't know. Maybe it was someone who had mom's CC and she didn't want them to use it. Who knows. I asked Paypal to give me an update when they could. Eh...It's $40. I have dropped more than that on dumber things. I just hope I don't meet the "scammer".

I am much more disturbed by $3100 I spent and haven't seen anything for...But that is another story all in its own.

Kris
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear ya man.....that sucks......almost makes it worth it to buy and sell things in person only to locals.....even though you may get low balled or whatever at least they arent running off with your money....who knows......shady *** fools
Old Aug 10, 2006, 05:05 PM

While we are on this topic I'll explain a paypal scam that really does work to watch out for.
The said person I was shipping it do asked me to switch from shipping my package from UPS to USPS. I shipped the package USPS but didn't do delivery confirmation because I was a moron. Anyways the person recieved the package, noticed there was no confimation, immediatly filed a dispute with paypal. My shipping info and tracking through USPS was not enough to prove the package was sent and delivered. I'm out 200$ the guy sends me an email laughing at me. Watch out if a person says not to do confirmation because they won't be home if you use USPS.

-MT
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Well, this is me. i was out of town most of the day, so that’s why I didn't respond earlier to his email.
Well, paypal REALLY screwed me and my sellers up this time. They flagged a number of transactions that happened last week. They said that my bank declined the transactions and flagged them as being unauthorized. Called my bank, and they said they have no records of them declining any transactions! i was like WTF, i really got pissed. 2 of the items that where supposed to be delivered today by ups got stopped by the sellers, and had the items returned to them.
This is just to show you how f'ed up paypal is. Even if you sent the item with signature confirmation and the buyer is verified and confirmed to the highest level, they will ALWAYS reverse the charges when they are flagged as unauthorized. ALWAYS. One of the only ways to reduce that from happening is to ship the item 2-3 days after the payment is received.
In any case, my account access was restored earlier today and is no longer flagged as an unauthorized account. He can call up paypal and get the money unfrozen. The money was definitely debited from my paypal account. I don’t have your money, paypal does. If you wish to discuss this further, my number is posted below. Feel free to give me a call any time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Faisa is a good seller. You should be alright Kris.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Also, something one should be weary of (although this probably does not pertain to this particular situation) is fake e-mails that are seemingly coming for a legitimate paypal e-mail address. One may think something is going wrong with their paypal transaction when in reality everything is fine and it is only the fake paypal/(or ebay) e-mail that is telling them otherwise; which, typically leads to people compromising more important information about themselves than what the e-mailer already has.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i almost got scammed too, buyer used BIN to complete my auction. then he used a fake paypal format confirming the money was sent and asked me to send the money to another address.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

This happened to me also a few weeks ago. You are protected if you ship to Verified paypal members. If the buyer is not verified, its all at your own risk. Now I only accept paypal from verified members...

Sorry
Old Aug 11, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

paypal is a ripoff , they charged so much for fees and unlike visa/master , they will make u pay for their secuirty holes.

thts why I withdraw any fund in paypal , and move it away from the account asap , if they do anything funny , I will complain to the bank

try to make the user to pay by credit card ,
then paypal cannot refund the money back without authorizations
and likely the credit card company , unlike paypal , will shell it out from their pocket unless there's something they can proof u r a fraud

Last edited by fevo; Aug 11, 2006 at 06:59 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Oh be weary for fake emails from supposed paypal verifications. Lovely how these scammers make these nice pages that look like the real thing. Make you put in your info, and then verify your credit information already on your account.

I can always tell, so I always fill it out w/ bogus information just to F w/ the scammers..lol
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yup seen those fake paypal emails, but it didnt fool me for a second, the english was terrible and the email address was stupid, and the font was wrong. Quick TIPS:

-send atleast 2-4 days after payment is received
-DONT EVER send out a product until you received the money PERIOD. Easy way to avoid those fake paypal emails saying ur money is pending
-Verified AND confirmed
-Use some kind of delivery confirmation
-Keep all ur receipts of sending ur stuff out til the seller receives it and all is well.
-Keep records of all emails and PMs until seller receives it and all is well.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

PS: paypal SUCKS. Use your CC so you can have ur money reimbursed if something goes wrong.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hey all....talked to elhalisf today.

I totally forgot about this thread as I didn't know if the person was on here and then saw elhalisf's profile and saw the positive feedback on here and didn't think anything of it.

Totally understandable on your part bro. Not on Paypal's though. let me know if they took the $40 for the items I sent you out of your account. As in, let me know if was like you never paid for the items and I will send it back.

thanks everyone for the support here and I was just trying to get to the bottom of this. I have another issue with e-bay this time and I have sent someone else 4 e-mails stating to please pay for the items that they won the same day the auction for elhalisf items ended.

Online selling may be getting a black mark in my book right now! But thanks bro for coming on here to clear it up....I appreciate it.

For everyone concerned....elhalisf is a GREAT BUYER...Just look at his trader rating on here!

Kris
Old Aug 19, 2006, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And people wonder why I only use money orders when I buy or sell things on here or on e-bay..... Simply put, I would rather take a chance and trust someone based on their personal sales rating here rather than trust paypal. Once bitten twice shy I guess.

Keith