Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stop Production On Evo 9??? Wtf!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
What are these "lots of differences". The cylinder head design was imporved for better cooling and it has MIVEC. That's it. The turbo changed, but that's not part of the engine, and almost every Evo has a slightly different turbo then the one before it.
Thats not it. Besides revised heads, MIVEC, and bigger turbo, the IX has improved clutch, improved tranny, all tranny gears ratios revised, revised ACD, new alluminum BOV, new improved fuel pump.

And the non-performance improvements.... Revised front facsia, new lighter Enkei wheels, much nicer standard upholstry on the seats, carbon fiber dash insert, darker rear tail lamps.

It may not seem like a lot to some, but all of that stuff makes for a great finally IMHO. The IXs performance advantage with very simple bolt-ons is undenyable. In fact WRXtoEVO just ran his IX in phx (still hot) last night...he ran a 12.2 with only TBE, MBC, BR Cone, LICP, Dynoflash tune for 91 octane.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by teknishnIX
Thats not it. Besides revised heads, MIVEC, and bigger turbo, the IX has improved clutch, improved tranny, all tranny gears ratios revised, revised ACD, new alluminum BOV, new improved fuel pump.
Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
BTW, There are a lot of differences between the EVO9's 4G63 and an VIII's. More than MIVEC....
That is it. He was specifically talking about the engine. I realize they make changes to the car over each model, that's the whole point.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:14 PM

i need to hurry up and get mine very soon so i won't be disappointed
Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

well call around....and jump in your SRT-4 and make it a road trip. if you want it that bad you will travel
Old Aug 13, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
Actually the Z's at best stock were only at 280hp for all years. The comparison was more for the EVO9 having an engine that is different than all other EVO's. It will be the only year with that engine (MIVEC). The same way as the 1996 Z was(Minus VVTC)/ more complicated ECU and numerous other costly little differences. The huge problem with this was the after market support. When the EVOX comes out all will be forgotten about the EVO9 because they will want to break the X in right. Hence the EVO9 was just a gap filler between the VIII and X. I am pretty sure that I am right on this one.

Then you must think of the price involved in R&D for tuning it. Hell the Cams are still at least double the price of the VIII's.

I almost traded in my VIII for a 9 and then I started thinking about it and I came to that conclusion. I would either stay with the well proven VIII or move on to the newly refined X.

Of course this is just my opinion and should be looked at as such, who the hell am I anyway.

-Nate
you know, you have a very good point. i as well thought the same thing when i was ready to purchase my evolution. i wanted a 9 but didnt want to wait and then thought to myself, i might end up screwing myself up considering it doesnt have the traditional 4g63 motor in it. but yea Nate im gonna have to argee with you on that seems very familiar. and i've seen others car brands do the same thing, just make a quick car for the new year let it sell for the year then X it out for the next model. this is somewhat what they did with the acura integra it run for years. then they stoped making them and then the RSX was produced. the RSX had a shorter lifespan i5 years as opposed to the integra which has been around since the early 80s. and now acura is offing the RSX and bringing out a 2 door sport coupe TSX. go figure its really all about the money to them.

Last edited by donmeca2020; Aug 13, 2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only reason Acura is canning the RSX line is because it sells like *** compared to the dc2 integra....

Not only that....the new civic si has so much more potential than the rsx for less money that acura is now going to be doing luxury only and Honda will have the sports cars ie. civic and s2k
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
The only reason Acura is canning the RSX line is because it sells like *** compared to the dc2 integra....

Not only that....the new civic si has so much more potential than the rsx for less money that acura is now going to be doing luxury only and Honda will have the sports cars ie. civic and s2k
i don't believe that to be the reason. the rsx accounts for 30-35% of acura's sales. you are right about their image and the introduction of the si
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:53 AM

well by the time i'm ready to buy a 9MR i should be able to find a nicely priced used one since the 10 is just around the corner. lets hope it was not abused!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST

maybe over there in queer town son, over here in south florida they been selling like crazy. i also owned one before i bought my evo. and as i said their canning it because i recall reading acura claims they no longer want a sports car in their line up. so their droping a 2 door tsx.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

the only reason they dropped RSX is becoz they cant find a reason to price it too high ,
it is made in japan , painfully more $$$ to produce than a Si , they have to price it close to wht TSX sells for and they know ppl wont buy it at that price.

oh , and generally all coupe in japan dosent sell too well , makes no sense to keep the factory open to ship cars overseas only

Last edited by fevo; Aug 14, 2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Too many envious 9 haters.. so sad, so sad
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:20 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
Too many envious 9 haters.. so sad, so sad
Let them hate.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Buy a used non modded one. No worries!!
I would never buy a used EVO... 90% of EVO driver abuse their cars then selll them.

But damn a new evo costs 35K+????? mitsubish is crazy for this and they dont even offer an auto version here (which I wanted)...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
I would never buy a used EVO... 90% of EVO driver abuse their cars then selll them.

But damn a new evo costs 35K+????? mitsubish is crazy for this and they dont even offer an auto version here (which I wanted)...
dun tell me u wont 'abuse' an evo when u have a chance to drive one
ITR is more likely to be abused , its not a lux tourer for cruising , ppl buys it to go fast

only 1 thing i dun likely , maintance schedule is way too frequent if u use it for A-to-B

Last edited by fevo; Aug 14, 2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

+1

wow.

Quick Reply: Stop Production On Evo 9??? Wtf!!!