Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stop Production On Evo 9??? Wtf!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Stop Production On Evo 9??? Wtf!!!

Ok.. to make a long story short, i went to my local mitsu dealership to see what they have to offer asfar as an evo goes. im looking to buy within the next 1-2 months.

im talking to the sales person about color (all they had was a dark grey MR) i asked if i was to "order" a white non MR how long would it take. the responce was " mitsubishi has stopped production on the evo 9's, the next evo will be the 10. the evos you will see at dealerships are last around"

i was like.. YOU MUST BE ****TING ME!

and because of this they took a $36k evo mr and made a "price adjustment" up to $39k !!! wtf is going on.... is this true??? because im not ready to buy yet... i need atleast 1 month and i want a non MR.

sorry if this has been brought up before... i just got my laptop and i have been away from ANY computer for a while (long story) and i dont really have time to look.
thank in advance - ANDRE
Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Buy a used non modded one. No worries!!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, they are stopping. Hopefully you won't have to keep your SRT-4. Ask another dealership for a SE, it is not a MR. Maybe you can get one in white, i don't know.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

No Se's in white. Come up to CT because you can bargain with these guys. Some dealerships have base 06's priced at 29.5k.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by steevo
Yes, they are stopping. Hopefully you won't have to keep your SRT-4. Ask another dealership for a SE, it is not a MR. Maybe you can get one in white, i don't know.

hey hey hey now.. i am keeping the srt lol... me and my wife love our srt

but we just want something new

damn this sux... well.... i guess ill just hope that there is still new ones around.

well thank you for your quick responces, i think that is way too fast to stop production but oh well.

again thank you!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
KOOkoo102,

If the dealer is not selling you a Evo 9 that is a clear indication that the Evo X is around the corner. I don't see why a Mitsubishi dealer wouldn't seel you a Evo 9, they have a nationalo database and they can pull another Evo 9 from a associated Mitusbishi dealer and sell it to you.

Maybe is soo tru that the Evo 9 arrival is inminent. Don't worry, there are tons of use Evo 9 around the nation and also the Esat coast has plenty of Evo 9's

Carlos
Old Aug 12, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

The EVO9 was just a gap filler. I don't want to break any hearts here but welcome to the world of the 1996 300ZX TT. Nissan made changes to that car as well right before the end and so you had a different engine that wasn't compatible with most of the other years of the Z and therefore everything had a much higher cost. If they do change the engine in the EVOX then the EVO9 will be the only year with that specific engine.

I wouldn't buy one for that very reason. You would be better off finding a good used VIII. Of course this is just my opinion.

-Nate
Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Send a pm to DonMitsu or call him at 972 785 3100. I know they just got like 15 new evos in from what people tell me. He's not local but you'd be able to get an evo for good price!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would not compare the Evo IX to the '96 Z. The '96 Z was an overrated piece that lost the variable valve timing so that it could meet OBDII specifications. It was probably only 280bhp as opposed to the 300-320hp the rest were. The IX is actually a better stock car then the VIII. The '96 Z was worse then all preceeding Z's.

Last edited by GPTourer; Aug 12, 2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Cant that dealership call other Mitsu Dealership and ask them if they have what youre looking for? or at least if other dealership has an upcoming shipment of Evos. They should be able to bring that for you as long as youre really going to buy one.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
huhuhuuh......come to cali they have every model, every color, and they are willing to deal on em cuz they have been sitting around collecting dust......even if i didnt live here I would fly out here pick one up and drive it back
Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I would not compare the Evo IX to the '96 Z. The '96 Z was an overrated piece that lost the variable valve timing so that it could meet OBDII specifications. It was probably only 280bhp as opposed to the 300-320hp the rest were. The IX is actually a better stock car then the VIII. The '96 Z was worse then all preceeding Z's.
Actually the Z's at best stock were only at 280hp for all years. The comparison was more for the EVO9 having an engine that is different than all other EVO's. It will be the only year with that engine (MIVEC). The same way as the 1996 Z was(Minus VVTC)/ more complicated ECU and numerous other costly little differences. The huge problem with this was the after market support. When the EVOX comes out all will be forgotten about the EVO9 because they will want to break the X in right. Hence the EVO9 was just a gap filler between the VIII and X. I am pretty sure that I am right on this one.

Then you must think of the price involved in R&D for tuning it. Hell the Cams are still at least double the price of the VIII's.

I almost traded in my VIII for a 9 and then I started thinking about it and I came to that conclusion. I would either stay with the well proven VIII or move on to the newly refined X.

Of course this is just my opinion and should be looked at as such, who the hell am I anyway.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Aug 12, 2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

I was not aware production had stopped quite yet. I thought it would not be for a couple more months.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

South Coast Mitsubishi has no shortage of them, they have like 65 sitting on the Costa Mesa, CA lot, every color, model, you name it. 32999, no tricks, no hassle. i got mine
Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

What a laffer! All these posts about getting an VIII over a IX because the engine is different. People are really funny. The IX is vastly superior to the VIII engine. More power under the curve, more hp for given mods, etc.

It's called progress.

Quick Reply: Stop Production On Evo 9??? Wtf!!!