Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My baby - '05 RS Vandalized

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Russell K
Wow, Progressive sucks. I am taking it to a shop I used before, and the guy there told me that progressive sucks. I really hope the adjuster doesnt try to d*ck around with me tomorrow. I tried comparing State Farm last year and they were much higher, and at the time I was worried about cost. Looking back, it might of been a mistake we will see.

I will post what the adjuster says tomorrow. He just said he would be at my house in the morning on Monday.

BTW-Does anyone know what category all of this would fall under? Would it be uninsured/underinsured property damage -or- comprehensive/collision?

it falls under comprehensive... there was no moving collision... i had the same thing happen to me except they stole my radio... vandalism falls under comprehensive...

the thing is, and this is why rates go up on the premium, its easy to fake a comprehensive claims... u can take out your own radio, and say someone else stole it.... there is no way to prove it... where when u have an accident there is usually a police report... BUT the rates still go up...there i NO winning with insurance companies
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:30 PM

That is such BS what happened to your car.
I've had two cars vandalized myself and it is such a hassle. Getting everything fixed is so time consuming, and almost always in the end it doesn't look as as good as it did before.
I hope everything works out for you man.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that man. about 3 months after i bought my evo, i came out of my friend's house at 2 am to findmy window smashed and both of my front seats were gone... over 7k in damages...
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

sucks real bad. Time to trade it in...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

lol how da fuq you didn't hear all these when its just a bank parking lot
all bank have security camera so you should find the baster and beat the shiet outt "them" or "him/her"
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by highsociety
That is such BS what happened to your car.
I've had two cars vandalized myself and it is such a hassle. Getting everything fixed is so time consuming, and almost always in the end it doesn't look as as good as it did before.
I hope everything works out for you man.
I really hope it wont be too much of a hassle. I will be taking it to problay one of if not the best Autobody shops in my area. They work mainly on Porsche, Ferrari and BMW. They also specialize in aluminum! So hopefully it will be as good as new. Thanks for the kind words.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FartMuffler
it falls under comprehensive... there was no moving collision... i had the same thing happen to me except they stole my radio... vandalism falls under comprehensive...

the thing is, and this is why rates go up on the premium, its easy to fake a comprehensive claims... u can take out your own radio, and say someone else stole it.... there is no way to prove it... where when u have an accident there is usually a police report... BUT the rates still go up...there i NO winning with insurance companies
Thanks for clarifying that! My comprehensive deductible is $249. Nothing was stolen, so I dont think Progressive would even consider this a scam on my part. If our rates go up after this, ourpolicy expires in November and we will find a new insurance provider.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blonde
sorry to hear that man. about 3 months after i bought my evo, i came out of my friend's house at 2 am to findmy window smashed and both of my front seats were gone... over 7k in damages...
Thats terrible! Did your insurance company fix everything? Do you still own this Evo? How was everything with the car once you recieved it back?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
sucks real bad. Time to trade it in...
I just might at this point, but I have too much invested. Besides with the condition the car is in now, its trade in value has fell a few thousand I'm sure. I really dont want to spend a few thousand to start over with a fully stock Evo. I am going to wait and see how Progressive treats me. I really have no choice at this point.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:34 AM

where do you live?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell them exactly how you want your car repaired and with what parts and tell them you will accept no less. They cant talk you out of anything if you dont let them.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Russell K
I really hope it wont be too much of a hassle. I will be taking it to problay one of if not the best Autobody shops in my area. They work mainly on Porsche, Ferrari and BMW. They also specialize in aluminum! So hopefully it will be as good as new. Thanks for the kind words.
How did everything work out with your insurance company today?

At least you will be using an elite body shop.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dzuest
Insurance Companies = Legal Extortion
So true! One of these days.... I hope someone can/will do something about them!

Good luck on your claim. I've had my window broken out and about a dollar in change was stolen.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wow, I got 05 RS also and it scares me, when i park somewhere, i dont have an alarm and thinking to get one pretty soon.

I hope who-ever did this burn in hell.

Get your car fixed, dont sell it.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After I get my RS I'm gonna make it as stealth as possible. I'm gonna debadge it. Powdercoat the wheels/calipers/intercooler black. Getting evo7 tails. After that I'm getting a gps alarm and some other goodies. Might have to get removable steering wheel and lock also.

Quick Reply: My baby - '05 RS Vandalized