Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My baby - '05 RS Vandalized

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man Russell, that sucks. I remember seeing your car at the tech day we had at Don Herring. You're car was so perfectly maintained. Looked brand new, even underneath when it was up on the lift. I don't think it will ever be the same after getting repaired. I know you are a perfectionist, so you probably won't be happy unless you get a new Evo. I wish you could have caught those vandals in the act.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:38 PM

Insurance companies are so powerful. They control the government by ''political contributions'' and then rob people legally. I hate them so much. The country im from insurance is a luxury not a requirment. If you don't have it and you hit someone and can't pay, you go to jail. Why not make it like that here. You dont want to pay for insurance fine, but if you dont pay, you go to jail. That way its a matter of choice and they dont charge you the price of your car payment every month for the dang insurance.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Had mine broke into as well when I first got it. They took my cd's, and change. Bent up the fron mesh grill had to get that replaced. Oh and my wallet that is never in my car and happened to be that night (no money just DL, and a CC that I cancelled immeidiately).
Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yah getting your car broke into sucks. When my integra was stolen and stripped I had a brand new Canon S50 in my duffle bag in the trunk. I was more pissed about that than the car.

Stealing the car is one thing. But having my camera with pictures of me and my friends just plain blows
Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, we here at vividracing feel bad that people are so low to mess with our cars. and we are sorry you had to be the last victim. One pro to having insurance paying for the damages is they pay you an estimate price so go the the most expensive (dealer) and then fix it yourself way cheaper and that will allow to upgrade or get the parts you want. Best of luck! from all of VividRacing!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

I HATE YANKERS!!!! my subaru got stolen and it was pretty much the worst thing that has happend to me. Mind you it only had like 330 whp but I loved that car and put in so many hours making it what i wanted it to be and when I was finally (somewhat) done some little bastards stole it. I don't feel to bad for those guys because the head gasket was leaking and the tranny was shot... (motor swap was coming) so screw them and I hope they all get arrested!!! That sucks man, My most sincere apoligies.

But Vivid is right, even though you feel like crap now, your car will enjoy the new money going into it. With everything bad that happens something good always shadows so let us know what pans out for ya
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SandSanta
where do you live?
I live in Fort Worth, TX.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by highsociety
How did everything work out with your insurance company today?

At least you will be using an elite body shop.
Everything looks ok so far. The Progressive guy came out this morning and acted like it was no big deal. He is having the shop replace everything and I mean everything. They are giving it a whole new dash assembly, new window trim inside and out, new door panel, and of course fix the dent in the door. The shop I am using ( http://www.stuartspnb.com/index.php ) will have it done Monday, possibly Tuesday. My contact at the shop is a cool guy too. He told me they had just finished a full carbon fiber roof on a 996TT RUF. There was a new F430 parked out front, along wiht countless Audis, Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes. None of the cars there were more than 2 years old, either. Needless to say, my wife wanted a ride in the F430. Come to think of it, my RS was the cheapest car there besides a last gen RX-7 that was in pretty decent shape. Thanks for asking, I really appreciate it.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justchil
So true! One of these days.... I hope someone can/will do something about them!

Good luck on your claim. I've had my window broken out and about a dollar in change was stolen.
Thanks, that is just messed up that someone would even do that for such a small amount of money.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
wow, I got 05 RS also and it scares me, when i park somewhere, i dont have an alarm and thinking to get one pretty soon.

I hope who-ever did this burn in hell.

Get your car fixed, dont sell it.
Thanks!! I dont have an alarm, it wouldnt of done much good in this situation anyway. I plan on getting one soon of course. Once something like this happens to someone they run out and have an alarm installed. Then again, I am thinking about simply buying a Glock 36 as a concealed carry. I hope they burn in hell too - man I cant stress that enough.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
After I get my RS I'm gonna make it as stealth as possible. I'm gonna debadge it. Powdercoat the wheels/calipers/intercooler black. Getting evo7 tails. After that I'm getting a gps alarm and some other goodies. Might have to get removable steering wheel and lock also.
I debadged mine on the trunk but left the Evolution. I also have Evo7 tails, thats the only way to go with an RS! Sounds like you have a good stealth plan, but dont worry about the calipers, they will turn black over time if you drive it just right.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stoic88
Man Russell, that sucks. I remember seeing your car at the tech day we had at Don Herring. You're car was so perfectly maintained. Looked brand new, even underneath when it was up on the lift. I don't think it will ever be the same after getting repaired. I know you are a perfectionist, so you probably won't be happy unless you get a new Evo. I wish you could have caught those vandals in the act.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. I hope it will be the same! I am really only worried about how the dash will fit back together. I am confident of Stuarts paint work though, they are artists. If it doesnt work out the way I want, youre damn right I will be getting another Evo. Don Herring will hopefully have an '06 RS in stock for me in a few weeks if things dont work out the way I would like it to.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
Hey, we here at vividracing feel bad that people are so low to mess with our cars. and we are sorry you had to be the last victim. One pro to having insurance paying for the damages is they pay you an estimate price so go the the most expensive (dealer) and then fix it yourself way cheaper and that will allow to upgrade or get the parts you want. Best of luck! from all of VividRacing!
Thanks Guys!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scoob2evo
I HATE YANKERS!!!! my subaru got stolen and it was pretty much the worst thing that has happend to me. Mind you it only had like 330 whp but I loved that car and put in so many hours making it what i wanted it to be and when I was finally (somewhat) done some little bastards stole it. I don't feel to bad for those guys because the head gasket was leaking and the tranny was shot... (motor swap was coming) so screw them and I hope they all get arrested!!! That sucks man, My most sincere apoligies.

But Vivid is right, even though you feel like crap now, your car will enjoy the new money going into it. With everything bad that happens something good always shadows so let us know what pans out for ya
Yeah, I cant even imagine if it was stolen. I feel for ya. I hope you realized you needed an Evo after someone took that Subie off your hands for you.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to thank everyone for making me feel so much better about what happened. I will keep you guys updated!

Quick Reply: My baby - '05 RS Vandalized