Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP! i think i need a new CLUTCH! =[

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deegaw11
i think my clutch is slipping also, i tried the 5th gear WOT and the speed goes along with the rpms but when i hit boost my rpm would jump like 1k and drop back to normal and launch. this happens on every gear, but when im off boost the clutch grabs fine..hmm is it the clutch slipping or a boost leak? car drives fun except when i hit boost the power just isnt there.
clutch starting to show the signs of going out.

Sidenote: TTP is friggin awesome.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frost318
I had the same problem with my car. It was the clutch it had melted. i replaced mine with a heavy duty ACT.
Melted...normal wear or u actually tore it up? Crazy nonetheless. Anyways, you can also check if the clutch is worn by the clutch pedal weight to depress. It's kind of hard to tell when it's a gradual change but you should notice it being a lot stiffer than when you drove the car off the lot. Also, you hold a constant rev from a stop and slowly see where the engagement point lies...it should be a lot farther up that originally.