Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boy have I got a damned dilemna....what would you do? (Novel Inside)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
wtf is that supposed to mean??? ROFL

What job do you have my friend??? Not everyone comes out of college with an econ degree and decides to work for beans

What do you do flip burgers?

You can laugh at me all you want I own my own house do you??? I'm 23 so it really must hurt to see people younger than you that have more money...but that's what happens when you graduate from college.
just as i thought, a cocky 23 year old fresh out of the house thinking he's tuff **** because he "owns" a house...

lol what an awsome investor and real estate developer you are.

Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Here’s what you do:

First, cleverly create a thread outside of the apparently stagnant 'market place' threads that indirectly but heavily helps to promote the sale of your evo…..check..

Also, sell that 2006 R6. You probably would not have any less fun or be any less fast on a late 90’s sport bike; but, you would be saving money not only on the buy in price, but also on the insurance and repairs…for when you crash it. $120 a month payment may seem little, but when its wasted on new technology that you wont be utilizing, why bother?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx

Also, sell that 2006 R6. You probably would not have any less fun or be any less fast on a late 90’s sport bike; but, you would be saving money not only on the buy in price, but also on the insurance and repairs…for when you crash it. $120 a month payment may seem little, but when its wasted on new technology that you wont be utilizing, why bother?

I actually bought the bike with plans to flip it, meaning sell it for more than what I purchased it for

I bought it with 1,000 miles on it for 7k. I have seen these bikes typically go for 8ish in similar conditon with similar miles. I suspect I could pull a little more locally if I tried hard enough.

$120 a month payment may seem little, but when its wasted on new technology that you wont be utilizing, why bother?
Because I'd rather not have to spend 120 a month in maintenence on old technology.......
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sell the Evo, fix up your baby, and buy a cheap, dependable DD like a honda civic/accord/etc.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
hate to say it but the evo has to go

looks like your best option...you can always pick another one up in the future

through your evo on ebay with a reserve for 20k...see if it will sell

looks in condition...what is the mileage?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
hate to say it but the evo has to go
looks in condition...what is the mileage?
Seems like this is a big consensus.....

Just turned 36k miles over the weekend

I just dont know how to get out from under the evo w/out loosing my *** (3-4 grand it sounds like)
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

These are the examples I was referring to earlier......

Only 17k on the ODO and looks to be in MINT conditon

Only pulls 19,000 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Similar Mileage (35k miles) More mods than mine, and cant even fetch 19k

Similar mileage (35k miles) Similar mods, 19,600 in NYC Area

Last edited by Booztd 3; Aug 14, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Return it back to stock and sell the parts off....people are pretty scared of buying a modded car because they assume that it either has been "raced" "beat on" or both
Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Return it back to stock and sell the parts off....people are pretty scared of buying a modded car because they assume that it either has been "raced" "beat on" or both

I tried doing that too, lol. I just had a cat-back on it and a K&N. The car came with teh vibrant system, so I didnt think it would be worth trying to source a stock cat-back system.

I think anyone can assume that any evo has been driven hard at some point. Its not like grandmas are buying these and only driving them on tuesday's to the grocery stores

I think the biggest concern when looking at a modified car is whether or not its been maintained. You could take the biggest heap in the world and with the right maintenece, she'll run for a long time, but take a brand new car and forgo any mantenence and you're going to have a real pile of crap soon.....

Anyone that gets to know me, can see I am pretty meticulous in my car maintenence/care. My cars are almost always spotless (unless theres a week of rain in the forcast) and a mechanical inspection usualy shows everything is done 'the right way'
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

bro, it seems you have to get rid of one of the toys. true your Z has given you tons of fun and excitement over the years and true you said you still enjoy the evo. however it seems since your trying to sell the evo first. the Z has won over your heart. id say sell the evo and get rid of the bike. youd have a decent amount left from the evo to pay it off and then your dealing with only one vehicle. by the way that Z looks great for the year and what not. this is definetly a situation thats going to take more then a night's sleep to think over so think it over very well.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

wtf is that supposed to mean??? ROFL

What job do you have my friend??? Not everyone comes out of college with an econ degree and decides to work for beans

What do you do flip burgers?

You can laugh at me all you want I own my own house do you??? I'm 23 so it really must hurt to see people younger than you that have more money...but that's what happens when you graduate from college.
bro i feel your pain, everyone hates on me because the fact i own an evo and im getting paid pretty damn good. might i mind you that im also 23. but yea keep the flaming down on people here. everyone just jokes around remember your not in the honda world anymore.